Semi Recycled Trains - What Could We Expect?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by bobbobberdd, Nov 3, 2021.

1. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

This is a Question out of Curiosity.

With Dovetail's approach to reusing old Trains on new Routes, for example DB BR 143 on both Dresden Routes or selling old Trains slightly changed, for example DB BR 112 / MRCE 182 from Hamburg,

I would like to know what you think could expect us in this direction of slightly modified Trains?

A few examples that immediately come to mind are of course the DB BR 147, the Passenger Sister Locomotive of the BR 187, the White IC version of the DB BR 146 the DB BR 146.5, and the Twindexx a Dostos EMU.

(I've seen a few pictures of Trains that look like the Baby Bullet)

Last edited: Nov 4, 2021
  2. colinL

colinL Well-Known Member

Well, I'd personally like to see a BR 147, under the condition that it is delivered without that many bugs ^^

• Like Like x 2
  3. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

The next step for them is Taurus DB BR182 MRCE BR182 ES64U2 turning them into an Austrian ÖBB1116 & 1016. These are the locomotives that you find on Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen Köln Koblenz & Main Spessart Bahn Aschaffenburg-Lohr sleeper train Duty. DB BR143 another derivative that is DB BR114 used for Regional and S-Bahn services

• Like Like x 1
  4. bobbobberdd

I thought so too. If we ever get an Austrian route, the ÖBB Taurus will probably be included.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the ÖBB uses exactly the same wagons that are included with the DB BR 101, just in ÖBB livery, of course.

• Like Like x 1
  5. driverwoods#1787

They do and those are the seat coaches used on the Nightjet. In german a sitzwagen except for the Restaurant coach which ÖBB Nightjet doesn't use. It's only used for Eurocity services like the München Hbf to Vendig Venice ÖBB1216. Sleeper coaches are the BCMZ and WLABmz type. Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen has them on 07:30 Köln Hbf 08:15 Aachen Hbf 19:40 Aachen Hbf 20:25 Köln Hbf
    Here's the ÖBB WLABmz seen in SKA
    [​IMG]

6. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

Or they could recycle like they are with the Baby Bullet by throwing it on the Oakville Subdivision with a Caltrain paint job.

Don't they realize us Canadians are not Americans and its not even like California is even close to Oakville. We are talking over 4000Kms away.

So much for realism and immersion. Now we get a train with US flags driving on a local route in Canada. Just like we are the 51st state. How not insulting.

And even if we give it a GO Transit paint job it will only change 1 or 2 trains on the timetable.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  7. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

Did they mention if it might be released with a separate timetable that you don't have to use it if you want to?
    Or they already plan some features of Livery Editor 2.0 which they don't talk about and could make this kind of obsolete... just want to spread some positivity.
    Back to topic: I highly suspect the 101 to be included in an upcoming DLC sometime, hopefully finally with the missing cab car...

And I have to admit at the current state of TSW with multiple available routes where many are lacking variety I'm more interested in new trains instead of routes in the meantime. I'm feeling I'm getting quite picky about routes - only some very iconic ones ore some which I'm kind of personal related to really bugger me.
    Which leads to that I'm more interested in the 612 than in the route it's driving on..

• Like Like x 1
  8. bobbobberdd

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/th...g-substition-mainly-baby-bullet-on-osd.48212/

Here is a thread on the Oakville Layer topic. I'm sure Adam will read it. Maybe you should write in there what you think about his idea.

• Like Like x 1
  9. colinL

colinL Well-Known Member

A re-release of the BR101 with the cab car would be so good. The cab car is missing really bad. But the same goes for me: I'd rather be interested in more rolling stock and bigger diversity than in new routes. Except if they wanna make my home route, that'd get a pass :P In all honesty though, the variety in passenger trains is kinda there already. But freight trains... I think a few more freight cars would be required. More variety of the container cars would be good: some worn down containers, other shipping brand liveries on the containers as well. Regarding the locos: the 185 for example could use few more liveries of some private rail companies. 182 as well. I think the 155 is also being used by private companies now. (the 155 could get a re-release as well imo, underrated loco!). ÖBB Taurus with the fitting coaches would be cool as well. But it'd probably come with an Austrian route which would eliminate it getting added to already released routes altogether. Which is a shame, but hey thats another bucket full of issues with DTG and TSW2 :P But I'm quite happy with what we got for the moment, honestly. Like mentioned, more diversity of rolling stock and I'm totally fine with it.

10. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Not so: the OBB runs all over Germany, especially in and out of Munich.

11. colinL

colinL Well-Known Member

Well yeah I know that, but I meant that as a way on how it would likely be implemented into the game.

12. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  13. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

As things stand, new locos are never layered into pre-existing routes anyway; not unless Adam and his boys go back and do a rebuild. So this is nothing new.

14. colinL

colinL Well-Known Member

Again, I know that. I was just pointing out the possibility of a hypothetical ÖBB Taurus being layered onto existing routes like Munich-Augsburg or Main Spessart Bahn or Cologne-Aachen. And I've said that because if a hypothetical ÖBB Taurus would ever come I'd guess it would be highly likely to come with an Austrian route. I was just pointing that out, yeah?

• Like Like x 1
  15. driverwoods#1787

Main Spessart Bahn Freight towards Rbf Hagen Vorhalle from Salzburg Gignl or the massive Verschiebebahnhof Wien Kledering. The overnight Euro night 424 425 420/421 Wien/Innsbruck to Brussels and Amsterdam. The Taurus locomotive goes to Aachen Hbf on Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen