Series S Loud Fan

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by bobbobberdd, Mar 31, 2022.

Tags:
  1. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

Question for Series S Users.

How loud does your Series S Fan get when you play TSW2. For some Time now, the Fan on my S has been loud, even in the Main Menu of the Game.

The Fan only gets loud with TSW2, with other games it stays quiet

2. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

Fans on most consoles tend to be the loudest on the main menus of games. It's an unfortunate side effect of devs not capping the framerate on those screens and as a result the console's graphics card goes all out full whack to deliver the highest FPS it possibly can there. It was a problem that was really highlighted when New World first launched and a whole bunch of players whose $1500 RTX 3090s were from the same batch, which weren't able to tolerate as much heat, all had their graphics cards fry due to the heat generated when idling in the game's menus.

• Like Like x 3
  3. NateDogg7a

NateDogg7a Well-Known Member

I have never heard the fan on my Series S, on TSW2 or anything else. Maybe you have tons of DLC? Not sure if that would make a difference though. I have six currently downloaded. Good luck

4. speedy2972

speedy2972 Active Member

Mine never gets loud, just gets hot (all vents clean and clear too)

5. hells.high.lord666

hells.high.lord666 Well-Known Member

Have all DLC installed on my series S and have never heard the fan yet. Have taken Phil Spencer's lead and stood it up so the maximum air coverage is available to it so that might be part of your issue if your console is laid down

6. bobbobberdd

Normally the Fan is peaceful and quiet. Only with TSW2 does it go crazy

7. owenroser19

owenroser19 Well-Known Member

I've never had my series s making noise. Where is your console positioned? It might be overheating or not getting enough cool air. And make sure there isn't dust clogging up the fan.

8. bobbobberdd

It stands above my TV, about half a meter of free space to the left and right and nothing above the Xbox

9. speedy2972

speedy2972 Active Member

There's another vent on the series s. If you look at the console, it's on the bottom, on the other side of the exhaust vent, it's not a large vent, although I have noticed the heat and noise of the fan have both decreased with this vent in the open.

10. Princess Entrapta

My X stands on the middle of a table 1m from the wall with clear space on all sides and above it in a room with two HEPA filters that run every night. Still gets loud in the TSW2 menus, but noticeably not when playing the game. I've not noticed the fan on the S get nearly as loud, it's just generally not pushing as much air under any circumstances as it never gets as hot as the X, but you can definitely notice when it speeds up under the same conditions, if you listen closely.

11. Princess Entrapta

I will say though, at least the fan never gets as loud as the Series X disc drive. That thing knows how to WHIRRRRRRR

12. Bigphil1592

Bigphil1592 New Member

Appreciate it's not a Series S, but if it puts your mind at rest, when I was on the Xbox One X the fan would go crazy on that console. That was also usually in the menus rather than in a route.

13. owenroser19

owenroser19 Well-Known Member

The Series S is meant to be dead quiet though.

14. hells.high.lord666

hells.high.lord666 Well-Known Member

It could be worse though! It could be as bad as the PS4 that sounded like a 747 taking off from the second it was turned on lol

• Like Like x 1