PC Settings Not Saving

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by migueld, Dec 20, 2020.

1. migueld

migueld Active Member

Every time I open TSW 2 to start playing, I have to set up the settings the way I want them to be every single time, because for some reason it doesn't save the settings I have set. When I turn the game off and come back the settings are back to what they were and I have to set them up again. This happens for every single setting option, such as graphics as well as in game settings.

The main thing that really bugs me about this is that I go in the in-game settings to turn off Auto-Load Journeys, but sometimes I forget to do this, and when I click on the route I want to play, it automatically starts a random scenario. If only the game would save the settings I have set up, I wouldn't have to remember to do this every single time.

2. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

You can change the title of the thread. It is not straight forward to find, but it is there.

3. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

I've not noticed this every time the game loads but I do experience something like this when an update is pushed - particularly stop markers at platforms. Personally I think the auto-load journey should be defaulted to off, because all it does is frustrate and confuse in my experience.

• Like Like x 1
  4. CrazyDash

CrazyDash Well-Known Member

I believe this is on the roadmap. I think it also occurs when you change routes

• Like Like x 1
  5. GrayDawg

GrayDawg Well-Known Member

I've had a few settings, mostly of the advanced graphics type, to revert to an older/default? state upon reloading the game. This happened a few times, but then all did was to again set them to what I want them to be, and upon reloading the game again, they are all still set to my preference. So it was never a problem, just a small annoyance.

6. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

If you click the screen tab even accidentally it will set the advanced graphics options to whatever preset you have it on - there appears to be no "custom" preset any more. I swear if you messed around with the advanced graphics settings in TSW2020 it'd set the preset to "custom".

• Like Like x 1
  7. migueld

migueld Active Member

I'm just really confused at this point... I just want my settings to stay the way I set them, and not have to constantly change them.