Settle To Carlisle (modern Day)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by james94, Jun 28, 2020.

1. james94

james94 Member

Apologies if anyone has already suggested this but I would like to suggest the Settle to Carlisle route. It is a very scenic route with iconic sections such as the many staggering viaducts and the highest train station in England. It is also a route on TS so could make it easier to create in terms of research etc.

It is slightly long at 71 miles in comparison to other TSW routes but if TSW2 is anything to get excited for, it should be possible to create a route at this length. There are only 11 stations currently in use on the line which could be a slight issue with a lot of disused stations in between.

It has some brilliant history, almost closed in the 80s if it wasn't for the massive campaign to save it. A landslide shutting the route for over a year not so long ago due to landslides and reopening celebrated with the run of a steam engine and a statue of a dog at Garsdale station!! (Worth it just for that).

The route is usually operated by BR Class 158s, however BR Classes 142, 144, 150, 153 and 156 have also been used on this route in the past all ran by Northern Rail. Personally, I would get very excited for these locos because I am a massive fan of Pacers and Sprinters, something I think the game definitely needs and I would love to see them in the Northen Rail liveries. They were never the greatest things in the world to be a passenger on but it would be ace to drive them!

As mentioned above, steam trains have been run often for special journeys which is something DTG could look at in the future when they do eventually aim for steam locos. However I don't know if there is any freight run on the route?

[​IMG]
    Ribblehead Viaduct

[​IMG]
    Settle Train Station

[​IMG]
    BR Class 158

[​IMG]
    BR Class 142

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  2. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

Flying Scotsman could be added once steam locos are introduced in the game. I've seen photos of the engine pulling excursions over the S&C line. A class 50, Deltic Class 55, Class 47, or Class 37 could be nice for other services.

• Like Like x 2