Sherman Hill Heritage Trains Hint

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Monder, Nov 25, 2021.

1. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Although it is probably to be expected for the UP Heritage Fleet home route to feature such trains, it seems Dovetail might have already made some preps for that to be the case. Many have talked about the missing steam shop that appeared in the release version, but there's one more detail helping the case in this screenshot.
    upload_2021-11-25_20-39-2.png
    Now some might look at this and be like "WHAT?", so let me explain. The track plan has these blue lines showing where a passenger platform is. A bit similar to the one blue line on Cumberland station. But that one is active, whereas passenger services in Wyoming ended in 1983. This means passenger platform functions (the same applies to Laramie station) are probably on this route for potential UP excursion runs. Now, what locos that service will use? Big Boy? DDA40X? Probably up to be determined in the future.

2. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

As far as the UP Heritage fleet, it was just release on TS so there is hope for TSW2.

3. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

They probably have functional stations for use with scenario planner, not for future DLC. Also neither OCS specials or UP's steam excursions would benefit from this anyway, as they don't tend to load and unload their trains at stations.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2021
  4. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

There is also no platform at the Laramie Depot.

5. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

6. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

UP has this webpage, and it lists their steam locos, the DD40X and E9's, and the commemorative locomotives as all being apart of the heritage fleet. Also at least personally I can't recall anyone ever calling them commemorative units out in the wild, and I know for fact I've never seen the term community service units used by any railfan. As far as I'm concerned calling them heritage units is fair game, even stuff like the pink ribbon unit which isn't about heritage.