Should I Buy Tsw2 Rush Hour Deluxe Edition?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by derailed#9363, Sep 18, 2021.

?
  1. Yes

67.7%
  2. No

9.7%
  3. Wait

29.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. derailed#9363

derailed#9363 Member

Hi everyone,

So I've been following TSW for close to 2 years now on my PS4 and I want to say I have enjoyed playing it. However I have not played TSW for at least 6-7 months because I began to get bored of the game, with there being a lack of routes and the gameplay feeling dull mainly due to there not being enough passengers, A.I trains, PIS boards etc

Last year seeing TSW2 being released I wasn't impressed and I said when there's more routes and something new I will buy TSW2.

Now with Rush Hour being released I'm liking what I'm seeing you get 3 brand new routes that includes the brand new Rush Hour system and the other 3 routes are from the base TSW2 game bringing a total of 6 routes, I've seen videos on 5 of the 6 routes and read articles on all of the routes and I like what I'm seeing. This is a perfect deal. However part of me is not sure because of all the delays, bugs, system issues with PlayStation etc.

Routes on TSW2 Rush Hour Deluxe Edition
    1. Northeast Corridor: Boston – Providence (RH)
    2. Brighton Main Line: London Victoria – Brighton (RH)
    3. Riesa - Dresden (RH)
    4. Bakerloo Line
    5. Schnellfahrstrecke Köln-Aachen
    6. Sand Patch Grade

Should I wait? because I don't want to buy the game and then encounter losing the DLC or any system issues with it my plan is to wait until BML comes out and then buy the TSW2 RHDE. I would really appreciate peoples detailed advice. Thanks

Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

I would say wait a while. Between Sony and DTG they are making a lot of problems on Playstation the moment. Hopefully these get resolved soon. I'd wait until the current problems are sorted out and there are patch releases for the first 2 Rush Hour Routes and see how things look then.

Having said that. The 3 original TSW 2 routes all play quite nicely on Playstation (I've played on both 4 and 5). Riesa Dresden looks amazing and is quite a big step forward for German Routes, it does need a lot of fixes, but I'm enjoying it anyway. I won't give an opinion on Boston, as I just don't like it so can't give a balanced opinion. I have high hopes for the 3rd Rush Hour route, but we've only seen screenshots so far. I'm looking forward to the preview stream but it hasn't been announced yet.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Get it if it's in the sale. The original routes haven't really interested me, but the Rush Hour ones have got more going on. I sacked off TSW2020 a long time ago and only recently bought TSW2 - if you have a Pro and a 4K monitor, it's a much improved product and, for all the complaints, it definitely feels like a more finish product than 2020 ever did.

If you're planning on getting a PS5 though, wait for that, because you'll have to start again, again. On PS5, it's a smoother, slicker and – barring current DLC issues (which I've not been affected by so far) – a much more enjoyable playing experience.

• Like Like x 2
  4. derailed#9363

derailed#9363 Member

• Like Like x 1
  5. derailed#9363

derailed#9363 Member

I don’t plan on getting A PS5 until around time time frame 2022-24.

but overall do you think that the 6 routes for the price of $45 or for UK/German people reading £40/€45 is a good deal? because I think it is

• Like Like x 1
  6. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Yeah, perhaps. I've barely touched the three base routes, but if you say, maybe £10 for those, then £10 each for the three Rush Hour routes, it seems like a decent deal. I don't know how well the RH routes perform on PS4, though - I didn't buy the season pass until I'd already upgraded, but some people say the last gen machines are starting to struggle with the more complex routes.

• Like Like x 1
  7. derailed#9363

derailed#9363 Member

Yes! The last gens for alot of people are displaying that they struggle with the complex Rush Hour routes, which is a shame because not everyone is in a financial position to just upgrade to a next gen console.

All I and many other people can do is hope DTG find a way to fix these issues on the PS4 & XB1, but interestingly enough there actually seems to be similar issues on the PS5 & XBSX as well

8. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

My two pence worth.

Decide what it is you actually want! When I first bought TSW2 I got the collectors edition on disc because it was the cheapest way into the game at the time with 6 routes included then I bought the digital deluxe edition of TSW2020 for £10 so I could get all those routes for free in TSW2 which got me things like the brilliant NTP and TV. So I saved a lot of money for quite a few routes.

However I’ve never played any routes apart from UK ones I don’t personally really have an interest in none UK trains and routes so with regards to the Rush Hour trilogy yes buying the ticket is a cheap way for me to get all three of them but tbh I’m really only bothered about BML so from my point of view I would buy BML as a solo purchase when it’s in a sale sometime in the future which it will be. Buying the ticket would cost me £8 for what would to me be dead wood, that extra £8 I’d pay for the ticket I’d rather put towards something like Cathcart Circle which I haven’t got yet and I would play. Also I also play on a lowly original PS4 so waiting for BML as a solo purchase in a sale will give me time to gauge if the actual Rush Hour feature is any good on a PS4 via YouTube vids or reviews on this forum etc.

In summary decide what’s best for you because whilst it’s possible to get things cheaper is it really cheaper if your not really going to play certain routes? If sometime in the future I do get into none UK routes? then I would just have to bite the bullet accept I missed out and buy the foreign routes that I could have got cheaper in a package as solo purchases in a sale.

It’s all a personal decision at the end of the day with no right or wrong answer. Just decide what it is you actually want.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2021
  9. moofeen#2182

moofeen#2182 Active Member

My ps4 work fine when I got that rush hour thing

10. derailed#9363

derailed#9363 Member

Thank you for your reply,

I know for a fact that I will play every single route, of course my favourites are the USA routes but I honestly like other routes such as the UK ones and even the German routes so I know for a fact that if I decide to buy TSW2 RHDE, I will get my money worth because I like every route that’s included

11. derailed#9363

derailed#9363 Member

Ok that’s cool to hear. so Rush Hour works fine on your PS4, no lags?

12. Birita

Birita Well-Known Member

Just wait a bit longer...for Basic ps4 DTG has yet to optimize the game...i play on Ps4 Pro and we have some lags and game crashing issues...
    Cheers...

• Like Like x 1
  13. kekanha#4892

kekanha#4892 Active Member

I'll be honest with you, at first I was like you, I bought the game for € 19 and it seemed boring. Over time he was buying promotional DLCs so that today I have 40 DLCs. most bought in promotion. and with so many routes and locomotives you won't get bored, I guarantee it. purchase.

14. Boris The Frog

Boris The Frog Active Member

It's definately a good deal but based on your reasons for losing interest in TSW I'm inclined to say "no" for a purchase of the DX edition.

Improved passenger counts along with PIS boards and busier routes are just visual upgrades which you will probably pay less and less attention to over a period of time (take them for granted as just being there, so to speak)....but with core gameplay being pretty much the same as it's always being, those all important strengths of TSW also remain largely unchanged. It's a bit like driving over a cool iron bridge for example. The first few times it will be awesome and you'll go into external view and take a million photos from every angle imaginable, but on the 10th time around it will just be another bridge on your journey from A>B

TSW isn't really designed in such a way that you play a route for a few hours and simply move onto the next, it's more about utilising what you have and creating as much diversity as possible within the available timetable - and whilst the visual enhancements you mentioned do add a certain degree of immersion to proceedings they're not game changing enough to make TSW a completely different experience.

As I mentioned earlier, the DX edition is indeed a very good deal and well worth anyone's attention....but if you found it a bit dull 6-7 months ago (despite it having a good selection of addons) then until the gameplay side of things moves on to the next level you may find things equally as dull once the novelty period has passed.

• Like Like x 2
  15. derailed#9363

derailed#9363 Member

16. derailed#9363

derailed#9363 Member

^ Just to expand on this. I've always enjoyed the core gameplay... what made it dull personally for me was it was the core gameplay was missing elements, such as A.I trains, Passengers, PIS boards and personally the routes that were being made weren't interesting for me. What has now attracted me to this game is the stuff I feel it was lacking is now included in Rush Hour.

^ I totally understand that TSW isn't designed for you to play a route for a couple of hours and then move on to the next, its about utilising what you have and expanding on diversity with in the route. I'm honestly not expecting anything game changing for TSW2 just yet. Stuff that would improve the game would be, Train & station dispatcher, Station & Train announcements & Create your own route but that's a whole different subject.

• Like Like x 2