Should International Routes Be A Good Way To Introduce New Countries In Tsw2?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by driverwoods#1787, Feb 9, 2022.

1. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Hi guys It's me Driverwoods #1787 and I'm asking the community should International routes are a good way to add New European countries to the Game? For Example, SKA can be extended to Liege in Belgium on L37 while HRR can go to Amsterdam Centraal using the Triangular junction East of Duisburg Hbf. The reason for this is that Duisburg Hbf on HRR is the endpoint of Hollandstrecke Amsterdam Utrecht Arnhem Oberhausen Duisburg. That way HRR is Busy with international traffic to the Netherlands & SKA towards Belgium Antwerpen via Tongren & Liege.

• Like Like x 1
  2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I don't think the work to create border crossing routes is any less than creating a single country route in a new country. You're still going to have different OHLE, different houses, businesses, trains, train logos, signalling systems etc

The work to extend where the trains go has never been the issue, it's always how to make the "railway world" of that new country and make it plausible

• Like Like x 2
  3. driverwoods#1787

I agree with you but here's the thing with Germany to Netherlands cross-border routes you might need a locomotive capable of operating both systems which are a DB BR189 C-Akv with Falnqqs 130 Coal Wagons Falls Falrrs Iron Ore wagons NS BR193 passenger services. Only train to have that option is DB BR406. On the other hand Germany to Austria cross-border route is simply a through operation due to both using PZB LZB Sifa since 1963

4. Sprinter

Sprinter Well-Known Member

Yeah!! this would be a dream come true... but keep on dreaming.. i dont think a Dutch route is coming any time soon to TSW..

• Like Like x 1
  5. driverwoods#1787

I agree with you and that can be what the game needs Introduce the Netherlands with an international route. If that were to be added then It's a Just Trains and Chris Trains collaboration including this DLC Train an NS Dutch Railways SNG Sprinter New Generation

• Like Like x 1