Should They Extend The Harlem Line Up To Southeast

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by lachlan smith, May 16, 2022.

1. lachlan smith

lachlan smith Active Member

Should they extend the harlem line up to southeast

2. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Don’t you have some homework to do ?

• Like Like x 2
  3. lachlan smith

lachlan smith Active Member

4. Commiee

Commiee Well-Known Member

It is pretty telling of the moderation standards in this forum section that my thread https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/shinonoi-line-nagano-shiojiri.38579/ was locked because I had added posts with videos (which I could not embed into the OP as it had reached the five video per post limit) and made another post announcing the major change of the proposal from passenger-only to passenger+freight, yet this spam of "suggestions" that gets constantly bumped with no relevant or valuable info or discussion has been left to continue for a week now. As I said, rules for the section are vague and impractical and need reviewing, but even if we accept them as they are, the inconsistency in application is just as much of a problem.

Last edited: May 19, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  5. jackmiller1234567890

jackmiller1234567890 Well-Known Member

Probably like that because DTG seems to hate any country that is not UK, US or Germany

• Like Like x 2
  6. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

that particular forum seems to have been locked as you continued to post new posts before replies many of which at the end of that forums had around 5 lines of words what could have been edited into one post

Any new post bumps a thread to the top of the list

7. Commiee

No, I was told it was because I had embedded another video outside the OP instead of adding it to the post. I think it was clear the rest of the posts were adding important new information to it (e.g. saying I had remade it into a passenger+freight one, which you would want to make people know), so they were not deemed to be a problem. And threads where people make occasional short new posts are left untouched in the section anyway, so I don't think that was the cause. But either way, if that thread gets locked but this kind of semi-trolling thread spamming is okay, I think I am entitled to being upset with the former.

• Like Like x 1
  8. AtherianKing

the official reason given for that lock was thread bumping

5 new posts before a reply

the first one with 2 videos then the next one with one video and the other 3 with just a few lines of words

if those were just added into one reply that reason would not have been given for a lock

no where else I’ve seen has there been a thread locked for posting relevant content to a thread

with regards to thread spamming in General though such as this one, the lock usually would be implemented faster when there is more than one or several posts before a reply, a problem lies that all you can really do to stop it is block the accounts access as of which it’s not difficult to just create another troll account

9. Commiee

Yes, and after that I was told in DMs the first post with the video following the OP was the one used for that reasoning, not the rest of the posts - which, again, is the kind of stuff every other suggestion thread in the section gets occasionally from their authors without the threads being locked.

• Like Like x 1
  10. AtherianKing

If that’s the case then the thread should not have been locked for the purpose of relevant videos

and it’s also unusual for reasons to be given in DM’s by staff members unless you contact them directly as they usually add an edit or remove content and state reason in that OP

if it wasn’t a staff member directly as-well then I would take the reason with a pinch of salt until they state their position

• Like Like x 1
  11. Commiee

Yes, it was me who contacted them to ask for the reason, as the rules permit occasional posting if it adds relevant info. Anyhow, I will stop bumping this thread with my grievances :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

so you saying a company hates any country other than the 3 you mentioned because they are the most easily accessible for them to make content and is what the player base is largely populated in?

13. jackmiller1234567890

jackmiller1234567890 Well-Known Member

I was being a bit sarcastic when saying that they hated any of the non 3 main countries (as they have done others) I issue is that they hyper-focus on those 3 and are very reluctant to do other countries (unless its a 3rd party developer) and is been like that since long before tsw came out. I understand that getting to other countries was next to impossible during covid. Hopefully, with borders opening up it makes it easier but i won't be holding my breath. I would just wish that they would go beyond the borders of those countries or even within those countries and have a bit more diversity as the biggest issue I have with tsw is that a lot of the routes feel the same and look the same (especially german ones).

• Like Like x 1
  14. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

This I understand. I don't really get DTGs arguments about this. Sure they would have to relearn new physics, signals, and environments. But they would have to do that for most if not every new route they make with a new train. To me they don't make routes in different countries because they simply don't want to do so.

15. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Yes

• Like Like x 2