Shrewsbury / Crewe / Manchester

Discussion in 'Route Suggestions & Proposals' started by blobfish, Dec 20, 2022.

1. blobfish

blobfish New Member

Just a quick suggestion to see how popular linking Crewe to Shrewsbury (for the Welsh Marches Line) and to Manchester (to join the Huddersfield Line) might be?

That would allow running from Euston and Swansea to Manchester Piccadilly or up the WCML to Scotland. It just feels like there’s a couple of gaps around Crewe that, if filled, would make for an extremely comprehensive network for TSC. I’d pay the money!

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. yagna2308

yagna2308 Member

• Like Like x 2
  3. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

I have also proposed this; at least, the Crewe to Shrewsbury bit with the line from Chester to Shrewwbury to fill a direct Holyhead merged route across Wales. Manchester gives full Airport access, and I believe an Airport route is being attempted by a third party dev.

4. matthewgoddard510

matthewgoddard510 Member

Thanks for Mentioning this! Shrewsbury being my Local station and constantly busy throughout the day it be amazing also one of the oldest signalling boxes as well. It is truly amazing with great scenery. My Only worry is Missing the WMR part, yes we got the licence but we need the Class 196 unless they want to have the 170 instead which WMR loaned from EMR I think and obviously the 196's replaced them but I be over the moon if we would ever get a class 196!. But having Shrewsbury would be amazing!

• Like Like x 1