Shrewsbury To Wolverhampton

Discussion in 'Route Suggestions & Proposals' started by mr2mark, Jan 22, 2022.

1. mr2mark

mr2mark Member

Would be nice to see shrewsbury to wolverhampton via telford,could also include the branch into former ironbridge powerstation. It could then be merged at shrewsbury to give the option to go towards crewe/manchester and then at wolverhampton with the wcml to birmingham/london

2. middleslack

middleslack New Member

The route runs passed my rear garden and it's quite busy it would also pass Cosford Aerospace museum the Wolverhampton Junction is busy with the trains going North South and West. I would like to see it

3. hayward.john48

hayward.john48 Well-Known Member

Even better if it went to Wolverhampton Low Level via Dunstall Park (Stafford Road shed - with Kings!).

• Like Like x 1
  4. middleslack

middleslack New Member

HI John
    Thank you for add to the post I hadn't thought of Wolverhampton Low level it's a good Idea we can but hope Dovetail will show an interest

5. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

Or Bossman- it would tie in with the Welsh Marches route.

• Like Like x 1
  6. middleslack

middleslack New Member

m2mark thank you for the post.
    I wish Dovetail or one of the other Tech companies would undertake the route it opens up a lot of possible connections it would be well worth seeing the route on Train sim 2022 or Stream

7. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

Not long enough. Would be a good extension from Birmingham, but I still think more is needed to make it a viable route.

8. hayward.john48

hayward.john48 Well-Known Member

Birmingham Snowhill to Chester via Wolverhampton and Shrewsbury would be a decent length with substantial locosheds at Wolverhampton Stafford Road, Oxley (Wolverhampton), Shrewsbury and Chester, possibly extending further to Birkenhead. En route would be substantial yards between Birmingham and Wolverhampton at Hockley, Oxley, Shrewsbury and Chester. Plenty of activity for all. Could be Steam or early diesel (Westerns and the odd Warship).

9. mr2mark

mr2mark Member

Some nice ideas on here, especially linking up with birmingham. Lets hope someone reads this and takes note.

10. jrpageuk

jrpageuk Member

West Midland extension would be great to include Walsall and Wolverhampton routes from Birmingham and Maybe Walsall to Wolvo direct via Willenhall

11. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

Birmingham is definitely an option. Meanwhile, since making the post above, I've seen MSTS content for the routes to Aberystwyth and Pwllheli. Wolverhampton to Aberystwyth might be nice, or from Aberystwyth to Chester or Crewe itself (which deviate from the OP, but are options), though Pwllheli might not be viable in either case in terms of minimal interesting activity (the earlier terminus can at least provide other trains from Shrewsbury to Chester or Wolverhampton, and storylines related to line problems there backing things up).

It's worth noting, if the Shrewsbury origin point matches, that a route including Chester and Crewe can possibly link the NWC and SWC routes in a full merge.