Xbox Shs - 6g11 Hoo Turnaround Eotd [tail Lamp] In Front Of The Train

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by FD1003, Feb 17, 2021.

1. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Let me know if there is a way to manually place the EOTD on the class 66, as far as I know it's automatically placed at the end of the train, and there is no mention of the EOTD neither in the ECW manual, nor in the GWE Manual.

674401f2-ecbe-4a49-82e2-e1aa1c9eee84.jpeg
    The EOTD spawned on the Class 66 after uncoupling from the wagons the first time (coming from Strood)

The fact I uncoupled, coupled and then uncoupled again the cars might have something do to with it, I did that because the first time I uncoupled the cars the objective did not trigger.

So, a quick recap of what I did from just before the EOTD spawned and the time of the screenshot (driving towards Faversham with the EOTD in front of the train):

[I set the brakes to "goods" at the start of the journey]
    -stopped at Hoo
    -uncoupled the 15 wagons
    -coupled them again
    -uncoupled them again
    -objective triggers
    -followed the markers and moved the points until the cab I was driving from faced the wagons I had to couple to
    -coupled to the wagons (driving cab facing the wagons)
    -changed cab (all 4 engine/traction motors switches off, reverser to neutral, took out reverser key, instruments and tail lights off, brakes cut-out, DSD and AWS isolated, vice versa for activating the other cab)

Playing on Xbox Series X, yesterday I did update the relevant DLCs (SE HS and ECW) and the base game.

I have 3 "active" re-skins of the Class 66 using the livery editor.
    I have only 1 custom scenario done on SE HS and 1 custom scenario featuring the Class 66 on ECW.

Did this happen to someone else as well? in case I'll send a ticket.

I'll replay this same service later today and I will try to so some things differently and see if it happens again.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

I had the same problem with the tail lamp - using the default EWS skin. Just to mention I got the road out of Hoo towards Strood and held up 2 passenger trains whilst doing the run around. The PIS screen showing them as running 7 mins late. For some reason I got tripped at the green signal between Rochester (the line that acts as a running loop now) and the 15mph pointwork back to the main line. Nice skin BTW!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

I reported this bug a while ago as it happens in the scenario on ECW when helping out with the tunnel.

They've not updated the ticket but it'd been raised.

Wish they would stow the pipes as well.

• Like Like x 1
  4. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Due to the issues I've seen with AWS I decided to run without safety systems on this second run I'm doing right now (first time I stopped after Hoo to write this post), so I can't verify that personally but I've seen a lot of reports about it.
    Also I didn't notice any trains being held up, strange...

Thanks always loved 66789 :D

Seems like it's tied to the problem of the game not recognizing the train has switched direction, in fact the gradient thing is inverted as well.

Anyway, thanks for your input I appreciate it :)

b78e41eb-eafd-4900-8e2b-e6fdba5b0480.jpeg
    I've done this service again, and without going into exactly what I did (I'll do that when I write a ticket) I decided to use the "stock" 66, and also decided to switch cab before coupling to the wagons, and see if that changed anything. Still the same problem.