PC Sifa Not Working Anymore

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Nasenhupe, Apr 21, 2019.

1. Nasenhupe

Nasenhupe Member

Since the latest update, my SIFA does not work anymore. I press Shift+Enter (Num) to enable SIFA but even when i never press "Q" to acknowledge SIFA, there is no warning. What could be the problem?

2. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Before activating SIFA stand up and sit back down, then activate SIFA I have come across this as well. This seems to fix the issue with not being able to acknowledge SIFA.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. Nasenhupe

Nasenhupe Member

I can acknowledge it but it does not work whatsoever. Usually if you dont press Q within 30(?) seconds, you will get a warning and then have to acknowledge it. But even when turned on i never have to press Q to acknowledge... Is there a setting to turn it off? I turned SIFA on in the cab but it does not work.

4. Michael Newbury

SIFA is off by default so when you driving SIFA would never go off. In the 185.2 and the 146.2 behind the drivers seat there are some breakers in the top left corner one of them is for SIFA. You will know when SIFA is off, as the SIFA icon on the dash panel will stay on. When SIFA is activated the light will be off on the dash panel. Then it will come on every 30 secs requiring you to acknowledge it.

Like I said earlier if you have turned it on and pressing Q key is not working, before turning SIFA on stand up then sit back down. Then you can activate SIFA.

5. Nasenhupe

Nasenhupe Member

I know that SIFA is turned off by default and that the light stays on in this case. I always press Shift + Enter (as I have done it for years since TS 20XX) to turn it on. Standing up and sitting down does not help. I found out that on MSB it seems to work but on RSN route, it just does not work. I have tried so many things but SIFS wont go off :(

6. faber2311

faber2311 Member

It is a known bug that the SIFA on RSN does not work properly.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. Michael Newbury

I have had that problem where when turning on SIFA and it will not acknowledge. So someone in the community suggested that before turning on SIFA. That you stand up then sit down before turning on SIFA since then never have had any problems.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

Never had the problem myself (probably because I always go and flip the switch in the cab before sitting down) but maybe the problem comes from the pedal being pressed while the system is being turned on. In that case, maybe it isn't a bug at all... don't know enough about the system, though.

In that case, maybe the "fix" of standing up and sitting back down is actually the bug, making the game forget that Sifa was disabled because the pedal was pressed?

Bug or not, this does sound annoying, and, at least if you're using a keyboard shortcut, it would be less annoying if you didn't have to worry about whether you are sitting down or not.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  9. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

Mixing up two bugs in here.
    There is the bug that when Sifa comes up and you press q that it won't acknowledge the button press. Standing up and sitting down again solves that.

Since the latest update there is in addition an error with the RSN cabcar. Activating Sifa in it doesn't do anything. You never get an alarm

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. Nasenhupe

Nasenhupe Member

That is what I heard in another forum... So it is a bug and not my fault :) Hope this will be fixed soon.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Daniel Bloch

Daniel Bloch Well-Known Member

I wonder how this again passed the DTG QA.

• Like Like x 1
  12. TrainSim-Daniel

TrainSim-Daniel Active Member

Hi everyone,
    The Dev Team are looking into this issue but we would still appreciate if users facing it could send in a ticket noting exactly what they are doing to set up the loco before starting off:

https://dovetailgames.kayako.com/Tickets/Submit