PC Sifa / Pzb Differences And Quick Tutorial.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by tarancepil7, May 13, 2020.

1. tarancepil7

tarancepil7 New Member

Hey everyone, if you recognize this account then you may know that I NEVER run safety systems on any train.

However I'd like to know how to use PZB / Sifa as I would like to drive with those systems turned on. I have ZERO clue as to how to use them or what to do. I'd also like to know the difference between the two. If anyone could either write a tutorial out below this thread or give me a link to a video tutorial would be most appreciated.

P.S If you are sending a video link, please make sure the video is no longer than 20 minutes long as I won't be bothered to watch it.

Thanks all,

2. Teflon490

Teflon490 Active Member

You're kidding right? If you are bothered to watch a video on the subject, why should anyone bother to help you? Unbelievable.
    Not to mention complexity of this topic.

Anyways, here is the link to an excellent explanation, do what you will with it:

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

4. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Sifa

When the sifa light comes on, press the button. If you don’t a buzzer will sound. If you still don’t press the button, your train will stop.

PZB
    Would take me 21 minutes to write a guide, so can’t be bothered.

5. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

Why not just read the PZB sections of the manual/s ? It is explained quite well and gives you all the info you need to run a route with PZB enabled.

That's how I learned. Depending how quickly you can read, you may even be able to digest it all within 20 minutes !

6. ASRGT

ASRGT Well-Known Member

PZB you will honestly have to take it on as a challenge to your self to learn. Its a good one to take on honestly as it does change the dynamics of playing German content.

The manual has a good guide on this and that's about as simplistic of an explanation one can probably give for PZB.

• Like Like x 1
  7. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

The only way to learning how to use PZB in less than 20 minutes and drive a train without PZB fault is to drive for all the route without passing the 45km/h (40km/h fore some speed limit), and with the 500Hz red signal active you have slow down to 25km/h (25km/h of restricted mode as basic). You must to press the PZB acknowledge button within 4 seconds every time your train passing a yellow signal, a blinding green signal and as general all the yellow triangle with inside a number (always as basic, because not all this speed limit signal need to be acknoledged). Thats the basics for a 20 mins guide.

Now, If you really like to learning how to use seriously the PZB (mode 55, 70 and 85...90 is still out because we have not IC in TSW) in normal and restricted speed, you need to have many patience and try the same route and service a lot of times. PZB M (or 70) is without doubt the most easy for begin, because you drive relatively slow and usually with a fast freight service you haven't to stop at the stations along the route, and if you drive at low speed you have more time to learning the railway signals you need to acknowledge. DB BR 185 is the best loco to learn (imo because show you in the loco display the max speed under 1000Hz actice magnet and under 500Hz active magnet) and AFB will help you to not overpass the speed limits. As last, Ruhr Sieg Nord is a good route to learning PZB (relatively low speed always under the PZB M max speed of 125 km/h, max speed of RSN route is 120km/h). Also the HRR is not too bad but the "high" speed of the line dont help you like the RSN. MSB and RRO imo are a bit advanced.

Last edited: May 15, 2020
    • Helpful Helpful x 1