Signal Error On Updated Frankfurt-koblenz?

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by SLBM, Oct 4, 2021.

1. SLBM

SLBM Active Member

I have been experiencing one consistent type of error on the updated Frankfurt-Koblenz route (I had never played the un-updated one, so can't tell if it's a new issue or not).

At three different scenarios, three different occasions and three different stations (Frankfurt Flughafen Regionalbahnhof, Ingelheim and Mainz Roemisches Theater) I received a quite expected Vorsignal telling me to slow down to 40 km/h, but then the Hauptsignal was showing proceed (all green). It's not impossible as such, of course aspect could have changed, but firstly, three times in a row at different locations is a bit of a coincidence, secondly the speed limit actually did kick in, and thirdly, I managed to get a view for both a repeater showing "slow" aspect, and the associated main signal showing "proceed", which seems to be an obvious error. As I have not yet seen the slow aspect on any main signal in this route, I suspect there is some overall error, which prevents main signals of the H/V system from correctly displaying the Hp2 aspect.

Has anyone else experienced this or proper Hp2 aspects on this route?

Edit: Well, I checked the stream and I know now that Jamie experienced it, although he did not notice/comment on it. You can see it below, timestamp for Vorsignal is 1:06:20 approximately. Splendid.

upload_2021-10-4_22-1-30.png

Last edited: Oct 4, 2021
  2. MRFS

MRFS Staff Member

In the case of Ingelheim, there is prototypical evidence that the divergence from F is signalled at 40, but there is no speed restriction indicated in the buchfahrplan. As such it is a compromise to try and maintain fidelity to the prototype within the limits of TS.

In other words, the radius of the point suggests a transit speed of 60, and other sources suggest 60, but the aspect displayed at F is fpr a 40 divergence.

3. SLBM

SLBM Active Member

Yes, I have no problem with that being signalled at 40. Except it isn't. The main signal does not display it, it displays Proceed even if the Vorsignal is at 40. I think it's a purely visual problem with the signal, because the limit is applied properly, it's as if yellow light bulb went off. In all signals across the map.

• Like Like x 1