Loco Setup Simugraph Brakes Setup Help Please

Discussion in 'PC Editor Discussion' started by greggryan2, Jul 11, 2024.

1. greggryan2

greggryan2 Active Member

Hi all,

I have got my brakes all setup in simugraph but I'm having issues where they release and apply quite slow on my wagon. Also, if I apply initial application on loco they start to apply and if I then set released on loco my wagons brakes still keep increasing in pressure for a while before they then begin to exhaust.

upload_2024-7-11_19-2-27.png
    The blue line top left is coming from brake pipe, below is the settings I have for the Air Distributor and Relay Values.

upload_2024-7-11_19-3-27.png
    Air Distributor

upload_2024-7-11_19-3-44.png
    Relay Valves

Any help would be appreciated or even DTG JD DTG Matt anychance a wagon simugraph could be shared out just the simugraph to help in me working out whats not correct.

2. Daunfr59

Daunfr59 Member

From my somewhat limited knowledge this looks correct except I don't understand why the two BC_Body F and B air reservoirs (75.2 psi) are connected to the lines between the Distributor Brake Cylinder output and the "variable load valve relay valves".

The maximum BC pressure of the distributor is set at 54psi (Full Application) but this seems be connected to a 75 psi line coming from the two reservoirs. I can't see how this would work.

Variable Load valves moderate the distributor BC output before passing it to the Brake Cylinders according to a control pressure coming from the vehicle suspension (load weighing valve or air suspension reservoir ) which changes as the load in the wagon increases.

Is this "load pressure" what the Body_F and B are providing in which case perhaps they should go the VLV "control" node.?

Apologies if all this is another "rabbit hole" and you have already tried this without success.

If so, the only other suggestion I have is that you try experimenting with the lower block of values (starting at 0.333) in the Distributor which I assume represent the various choke holes in the distributor. The final sizes of these for a new wagon were made during on site testing to get the correct Brake application and release timings.