Smokebox Big Boy Crashing Game

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by 777Gaming, Jun 1, 2021.

1. 777Gaming

777Gaming Well-Known Member

Has anyone else been having this problem? My computer has pretty good specs, and I don't understand why it's happening. Any version of BB (HD or SD) with freight cars crashes the game the second it loads, and when I'm running engine light in either HD or SD, its okay until I pass another train, and then it crashes. There isn't even a crash report either, the game just closes.

2. Smokebox

Smokebox Active Member

3. 777Gaming

777Gaming Well-Known Member

Sorry for the late reply, I've been busy this week. I don't have a FB account, but I think I may know what my issue is. When I was testing it initially, I was using Sherman Hill because I don't have Wasatch Grade, and like I said, when I would try and load a full consist it would crash (This was in Cheyenne which might be important). Then today, I tested it on Miami, starting at Delray with 50 box cars, SD version, and I was able to run it with no trouble. SO I went back and tried to start near Hialeah to test my theory about it crashing because of all of all of the assets and sure enough, it crashed. But this time I actually got a crash log saying "out of memory" so it's solved I guess? I don't know how to fix it though.

4. Smokebox

Smokebox Active Member

Have a look at the tips on page 9 of the Big Boy's manual. You could also try moving the "Scenery Density" slider to the left so that fewer assets are rendered. If crashes still happen when AI trains appear in Quick Drive, you could tick the box that stops AI trains from spawning into the game, so that there's only the player train.