So How Is Raton Pass?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by StratPlayer62, Aug 12, 2018.

1. StratPlayer62

StratPlayer62 Well-Known Member

I'd really like to get this one, finally a route I've at least seen in person, and I really like that region in general, however I thought the price was a bit steep so thinking of waiting until it goes on sale, not as if I don't have plenty of routes to drive as it is for now.

Is it the normal buggy release or has DTG learned their lesson here? Nothing personal DTG but sadly it is the truth, seems like every DLC I buy has so many bugs I often regret buying it. If it truly is a finished product not full of bugs I may bite the bullet and pay full price.

2. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

In general it is a great route, I have been enjoying it so far. Have not come across any bugs to this point, as for the steep grades they're not as bad think.

3. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

I have found it to be a good route. I have seen the pass several times driving from Texas to Colorado. Though I haven’t had the privilege of being able to ride the route, the scenery from the road looks very much like the real thing even down to the large corral on the Trinidad side.

On the Stream grumble forums, you have the usual complainers commenting on how short the route is and therefore not a great value amongst other usual complaints about branding which is outside of DTG’s control. My thought is it is a good representation of the pass. Extending the route would mean a lot of high desert flat running on mostly double track mainline which is a conveyor belt type operation. This might appeal to many and I do enjoy Steven’s pass, Cajon and others. But many times I don’t time to run a 2 hour scenario and so Raton Pass is a good value for me.

Haven’t run into any “bugs” per-se. It is a well done route and for me, a good addition to my collection.

4. mrsandman

mrsandman New Member

Are there any Achievements for completing Career Scenarios on this route? My achievement list shows 11 Hidden Achievements available, just wondering if they're from the Raton route. TIA

5. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

Nope, no Achievements for this route. Its safe to bet that if a DLC does not have Dovetail Games listed as the developer, it will not have achievements. Just the way stuff works.

The 11 hidden achievements are all for the 'Frankfurt High Speed: Frankfurt to Karlsruhe' route. At least that's what they are named in the Steam database.

6. RickOsh

RickOsh New Member

I put it on my wish list. Waiting patiently for it to go on sale.