So I Have To Pay To Upgrade? Wtf

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Descent, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Descent

Descent New Member

i bought the founders edition, why do I have to pay to upgrade? Quite frankly this game got me for $29 I think already. I think it’s BS that if you have the founders pack you need to pay again for the actual game. Unless I’m wrong and not understanding what I’m seeing. When I turned on TSW I had and have exactly what I got with founders edition. Someone please clear this up. Thanks.

2. Bacon_BMW

Bacon_BMW Active Member

When you enter the game, after you select your profile, you will prompted with a screen that has GWE, and two upgrade options, Digital Deluxe, and normal. Here you can find the upgrade which is $12.99 and $17.99. You can only get these upgrades in game. Otherwise you have to pay full price, which would suck!

3. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

Further if you dont want the new Routes (RT, NEC) you can still play the GWE route with the applied patch that came along with the new release. So you can deceide to upgrade to the new Routes for a discounted price ingame or if you are only interested in GWE so far still play that.

• Like Like x 1
  4. gangrel

gangrel Member

You should visit their website. It's stated for months that the full release was coming with 2 new routes. They also stated that people who got the Founders Edition would get a discount upgrading to the full release. It's on you that you aren't informed

• Like Like x 3
  5. TrainSim-Luke

TrainSim-Luke Well-Known Member

The price you paid for the Founder's Edition combined with the cost of upgrading amounts to less than the cost of buying the whole thing new, for which you get the NEC and RT routes added plus the GP40-2 if you go Deluxe... If you choose to upgrade.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Huntnbux

Huntnbux New Member

Dovetail to my knowledge has always done this with their train sim games. Sadly, it's a pretty niche market and there is a LOT of work and cost going into making a highly detailed sim game, especially after paying to port it to consoles. With such a small fanbase (compared to mainstream games) they have to charge accordingly to be able to provide the content. I know for one of their train sim games on pc, I ended up dumping close to $200 for the content that I wanted. There was still a ton of content that I had not purchased either.