PC [solved] Br 185.5 Dresden: "hll" Gauge Doesn't Drop To Zero While Performing A "schnellbremsung"

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by tygerways#2596, Sep 30, 2021.

1. tygerways#2596

tygerways#2596 Well-Known Member

Maybe I am getting something wrong here, but shouldn't the yellow hand on the big pressure gauge ("Hauptluftleitung - HLL") in the BR 185.5 in Dresden Nahverkehr drop to zero if the train brake is set to "SB" (="Schnellbremsung"), see

or the emergency brake valve is opened? On the in-game HUD, the "BP" (brake pipe) reading drops to zero (as expected), but the gauge in the model doesn't (maybe along with the "ER" [equalizing reservoir] reading).
    Sorry if this has been mentioned before.

2. cwf.green

cwf.green Well-Known Member

Previously the yellow needle was incorrectly showing the "EQ reservoir pressure" rather than the brake pipe pressure. I think this is fixed in the new update that came with Meissen.

• Like Like x 2
  3. tygerways#2596

Yep, I read about it in the update notes and was happy it was fixed. Can't verify it though, cause the update is still not out on Epic for me.

Edit: Yep, the BR185.5 has been fixed nicely, as ar as I can see. Including the AFB bug. :)

Last edited: Oct 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  4. tygerways#2596

With one grain of salt:
    The number in the middle of the speedometer in the train model sometimes still shows "0", when switching back from an external camera view to cab view, until it gets updated to the actual velocity.
    br185.jpg

Last edited: Oct 9, 2021
  5. cwf.green

cwf.green Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've noticed that too. Not sure if there is a good fix for it that doesn't degrade performance though (I think that is the reason for the 0 showing up, the FPS of the MFD is low and smoothed out). But there should be some way to fix it.