PlayStation [solved] Tsw3 Ps5 Add-on Manager?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Lamplight, Jan 28, 2023.

1. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Heya :)

I've been in (a very enjoyable) exile for the last 6 months and didn't have my PS5 with me. Consequently, I haven't kept up as much with the TSW news. That's about to change tomorrow.

My question is essentially what it says in the title. What's the latest on the add-on manager? From what I gather, it's been released for TSW2 but not TSW3. Is that correct? And if so, is the TSW3 add-on manager coming soon™ or do we have more concrete information?

Thanks for your help! :D
    Cheers

2. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Apparently its either going / or gone out to the Xbox Beta Testers (because Sony dont allow beta testing for the PS.... "For the players") to have a play. Hopefully we will get it Soon (tm)
    It was mentioned about it in the January Roadmap Stream by Matt.

Hentis

PS Welcome back from exile :o

Last edited: Jan 29, 2023
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. Lamplight

Much appreciated, antony.henley! Let's stay optimistic then.
    Thanks, it's just a bit tongue-in-cheek. I'll report back on that soon in my thread for suggestions on southern UK rail sights :)

4. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

Latest build is looking reasonably good, still some issues to resolve but definitely close to where we want it now. We've done two or three builds for the xbox players and learned a lot from their feedback each time which the engineer has been working hard on.

I don't think it's too far off now.

Matt.

• Like Like x 8
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  5. Lamplight

Thanks for the update, Matt. Just started playing TSW 3 yesterday and I already dread micro-managing my collection as I start porting it over from TSW 2.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

This really can’t come soon enough. It’s definitely had an impact on how I play and enjoy the game.

• Like Like x 5
  7. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

Basically, it should be ready for TSW4.

• Like Like x 1
  8. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

Latest from Matt, “latest build looks reasonably good” what does that actually mean.

We’re close and not far off now is meaningless given this has been said for months. Well after today that’s another month gone. This is well over a year now and nothing more than a disgrace.

9. marcsharp2

Basically I think TSW3 won't see it. It'll be TS4 or whatever is next will get it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Haha, this is a joke that never gets old !
    Oh maybe it will get old if you say it too often though :D

• Like Like x 1
  11. marcsharp2

Or maybe it'll be true. We've been hearing about this update for over a year now. When it comes to updates what DTG say and what they do are very different things. After all the DSD on the 313 was an "easy fix", still waiting.

• Like Like x 3
  12. mortal1234

mortal1234 Well-Known Member

I really hope this isn’t an issue when TSW4 does come along. It’s because of Sony… don’t know why they even have a limit on DLC anyway ??. Xbox doesn’t have this issue…. Makes me want to switch over but I’ve nearly bought every DLC so far. A total waste of money in the end so nah….. better not lol.

13. Lamplight

Never understood that either. I'd have said it's an arbitrary limit required by the software it's running on (and pretty much any number would do). But then it would have had to have been active when the console was released and not some months later. Doesn't make any sense to me.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I hope DTG is pushing Sony to remove these limitations.

• Like Like x 1
  15. FredElliott

FredElliott Well-Known Member

Given there is precisely one available product from one relatively small publisher affected by this, the chances of this happening are slim to none

• Like Like x 1
  16. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

But they've also imposed a Limit to the total amount of DLC one title can have to 50 for the PS4 so what gives Sony?
    Is it the platform becomes unstable the more DLC that's added or what?

Hentis

• Like Like x 1
  17. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

It’s not just TSW facing inane limits either.

Off topic, but I also play Snowrunner which has mod support on console. How many mods you can have installed is limited by storage (how many you can have downloaded) and memory (how many you can have active at once.

On Series X, the console allows a whopping 20gb of mods to be in storage. Then (depending on size of mod) I can activate about 12-20 before hitting the memory limit.

PS5? Well it allows you to have a minuscule 1gb of mods to be in storage. It seems to have just as big a memory limit as XSX but it’s all irrelevant because of the storage limit. So unlike XSX where I can have hundreds of mods downloaded and 12-20 installed, on PS5 I can only manage to download 2-4 depending on size. Less than what I could have installed on PS4 even.

Why does that limit exist? Nobody knows, the devs just say it’s imposed by Sony and probably will never be changed. Sound familiar?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

I´ve tried to figure out if replacing my PS4 is really necessary, only to get TSWX running better. After all, it still runs quite sophisticated games with superb graphics and features without any flaws.
    I´ve ran into a dead end in that quest. PS5 has that dreadful DLC limit, XBoxX has audio and asset popup issues and the prices for a decent game PC are eyewatering. Besides, I like the console for this games for chilling out and relaxing when driving some TSW routes.

There was this thread with a technical explanation on why Sony imposed this DLC limit. Thanks to richtayls. Quite interesting read:

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/addons-manager.60822/#post-556047

It seems that TSW is pretty much a standalone with that problem. And that´s why I think Sony won´t do anything about it. And finally I pretty much doubt that DTG is capable of delivering such a complex piece of software like a flawlessly working addons manager. But that´s the first bet in my life I´d luuuuve to loose.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2023
  19. FredElliott

FredElliott Well-Known Member

They already have, for PS5 TSW2 and its fine

Pay up, I accept Paypal and some major credit cards

20. PHJ-MGF

PHJ-MGF Well-Known Member

But it will be more expensive to download and won't be bug free until TSW5 :D:D:D

• Like Like x 1
  21. PHJ-MGF

PHJ-MGF Well-Known Member

STAY ON THE PS4. Seriously, the upgrade to PS5 and TSW3 isn't worth the difference. Can't run half my DLC due to the restriction in DLC allocation, hate the new layout of TSW3, DLC prices increased by £5 a go, nowhere near as many sales on DLC as there was for TSW2 on PS4, new DLC still seems to have almost no testing for PS5 it appears, almost 50 known issues on the latest Glasgow to Edinburgh route, DTG management need to take a long hard look at themselves, this simply isn't good enough. Oh plus you lose all your experience and have to redo absolutely everything.

22. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

I´ll buy you a beer ................ if this works as predicted. This bet I´d like to lose. But not yet ...........seeing is believing, for obvious reasons.

BTW: In front of that picture wasn´t it an exceptionally dumb move to split the TSW2 Core Game incl. three routes into four parts for TSW3?

23. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

Thanks for that honest answer. Indeed, I´m more lost here than the blind chap in the wild west shoot-out. I DO enjoy TSW2 (yeah unf ...believable) despite all its flaws. And that´s why I´m getting p+++ed when they break more things with their "patches" than they cure.
    On the other hand I have it clear that TSW3 will knock out my old, but loyal PS4 which is already on its knees with heavy traffic and scenery. BML is mostly unplayable around Victoria. *Sigh* What to do ...

24. d.heal

d.heal Well-Known Member

Let's hope for good news on the next road map perhaps even a release date let's keep fingers crossed

• Like Like x 1