Euro Fishing Some Thought On The Game After Owning It For 6+ Months

Discussion in 'Xbox' started by GOrd0n Bennet, Jan 24, 2018.

1. GOrd0n Bennet

GOrd0n Bennet Member

I bought this along with the Xbox to play it on just over six months ago when the only add on for it was foundry dock and you could buy the pair (base game + foundry dock) for around 20 quid. When Manor Farm was released along with the season pass I bought the season pass.

I have to say that virtual fishing is still one of my favourite ways to spend an idle hour or so. There are some issue with the product but even with these its an enjoyable and relaxing way to spend time.

After the next lake Dovetail will either be sitting back and spending all the money they have raked in from product sales, season pass sales and sales of individual lakes or they will be looking to sell another season pass. Assuming the latter here's my wish-list of enhancements and fixes for the product that (if implemented) would make me want to sign up for more dovetail content.

(1) More Species (and no koi dont count I want new fish, not a re-skin of an existing model)
    The biggest limiting factor for this sim to me is its obsessive focus on carp. The carp side of the game is great but there are plenty more fish in the sea and I would dearly like to see some of them included in the game. Specifically I would like a lake with Pike and Zander along with a good mix of course species (roach, tench, bream, dace, rudd & crucian carp would be good. Add a river with pike, chubb, bream, roach barbel and Eels and I would certainly be chuffed.

(2) Fix the ****** spod rod or better yet give us a bait catapult
    Fishing about a rod length out the spod rod is not a problem as a full power underarm cast will put the spod about there and it seems to stay put (as long as you lower the rod while casting) but try fishing at 40-60 yards out and the spod rod is a real problem. You may manage to cast out that far (should be easy as the spod will cast around 80-90 yards on a full power cast) but when the spod hits the water it jumps back around 20 yards so you end up casting the spod up the opposite bank (on tight swims) just so you can power it up enough not to jump back and reel it back off the bank and by your fishing spot. Its quite ugly and wants fixing
    (3) Give us a biggger tackle box
    Without going back to my car (the nearest lake sign) I can only take 4 baits and 4 rigs to my swim with me. OK thats just enough to fish the swim in a given manner but if thats not working I cant change tactics as I wont have the rigs and bait to try something else. This is bad enough when freedom fishing but is even worse in the matches where time is limited. Please give us more tackle slots . So we can cope with weed / gravel and mud without having to go back to the sign to make the changes.

(4) Float fishing
    A roach pole along with variable depth floats would be fun but on the whole you seem to have float fishing working and quite fun (as long as we stick to float fishing in the margins). I even managed to catch a 15 pound carp on casters with a 16 float rig so it seems to be working pretty much as I imagine you intended. I would love to lob out a deadbait with a pike bung but the catfish here seem to prefer tiger nuts so no biggie.

(5) Fix the AI anglers in SP tournaments
    Its hardly worth spending time on the SP tournaments when the AI anglers can reel in fish like a industrial trawler. How about toning them down a bit. In fact competetive single player would be a whole lot more engaging if you let us set up a match in the same way we can set up a multiplayer session.

(6) and finally MP Tournaments
    One a day and rarely featuring the add on lakes is a bit stingy. Give us a few MP tournaments each day and make at least one of them on the add on lakes. And while your at it fix the bug that lets players rack up scores from all of the characters on their account (if you havent done so already).

Well that's my two cents worth. On the whole its a fine product and does what it says on the box. For me another season pass would be a must have purchase if I believed it likely that you would address point one on my list. But who knows I may sign up anyways.

Time will tell

Simon

2. WikusMazal

WikusMazal Active Member

On number 2 : Or best yet , feeder rigs then you don't need to spod at all. Along with that different types of groundbait that attracts specific species that you want to target.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Chizzckh

Chizzckh Active Member

The species issue still burns bright... Couldn't agree more that the game needs a change up and something I have commented on for a while across multiple posts. As far as I can see though the games main affiliations are all carp based sponsors? I also assume (rightly or wrongly again) that churning out the same species/re skins in a different setting is more cost effective and far less time consuming. Financially I am guessing that means lots of paying customers over a shorter period for less stress.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ROCHEY66

ROCHEY66 New Member

It's all well putting new DLC content up for sale when the game has been broken since the August update of last year?...all u seem to get from the devs is ..we are looking into this.acheivements are unobtainable and ruins the experience.

• Like Like x 1
  5. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

Thank you for providing your thoughts from your time with the game. I will pass your feedback to our development team.

Some of the issues you have highlighted are areas in which we would like to make improvements and we will be adding more species over time.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  6. JOKER1983kht

JOKER1983kht New Member

Anther nice feature would be to have a current catch report whilst fishing at a lake to see what fish you have caught in that session ( all the species, weights, times etc ) Also a current TP amount whilst playing so no need to exit the lake everytime to see how many TP's you have or still need for an item.

7. Master110

Master110 Active Member

1> we all have been asking for this , then new lake after new lake = same fish

2> I just lobbed it out with my hand. I never messed about with spods.

3> carrying four bait only makes no sense. Only limit to 4 in tournaments. In real life I can carry more than 4 just in my pockets.

4> float needs reworking. I spent most of my real fishing float fishing ( unless it was seas fishing)