Bassmaster 2022 Something To Consider For The Devs

Discussion in 'Content and Feature Requests' started by Vintage1944, Jun 14, 2021.

1. Vintage1944

Vintage1944 Member

I enjoy your games but please try and implement these things in time. Your team is doing great just need a bit more polishing in areas of Bass fishing.

Gear selection. This is far to broadly represented. For example, a senko style worm can be presented in multiple ways. You can Texas rig on an EWG, worm hook or a straight shank hook, you can wacky rig, or neko rig with a nail weight. You can fish it weightless, or with a worm weight, loose or pegged. You can drop shot a ribbon tail worm... Jigs/spinners can be fished with or without a Trailer. Soft Plastic swimmers can be fished weightless on a EWG hook, on a ball jig, or with a weighted worm hook, etc. Texas rigs, Carolina rigs, Tokyo rigs, Alabama rigs, drop shot rigs... not represented. The effect weight has on what rod/reel and line are not represented. The power and action of your rod selection is not represented. All of these things effect the overall presentation of your lure and dramatically increase or decrease your chances of getting bit.

Techniques. Picking up where we left off above, while retrieve techniques are represented adequately, casting techniques are poorly represented. I would have liked to see the ability to punch heavy cover... skip docks... etc.

Electronics. Modern bass fishing is heavily augmented with advanced technology. Lowrance, Humingbird, and Garmin all have really advanced terrain scanning and fish finding sonar. Trolling motors are also an integral part of the tournament bass fishing scene, and are also very underwhelming in this Title. Bass boats have a myriad of cosmetic and functional upgrades.

Lastly, Habitat. I find the fishing to be very, very random in this Title. Every Bass fisherman knows cracking the code and catching big bass is very seasonal. Water temp plays a HUGE roll in locating the fish, as they are coldblooded creatures. Largemouth Bass, for example typically spawn in late winter, January-February, in the southern parts of the U.S. and late spring, May-June, in the northern parts when water temperatures reach around 15 degrees Celsius. They spawn in water usually 0.6-2 meters deep where hard packed sand and mud are found. I would have liked to see a season system in this Title. Maybe a Pre-Spawn, Post-Spawn, Summer, Fall, Winter.

• Like Like x 1
  2. DTG Benjamin

DTG Benjamin Staff Member

Hey, thank you for all your feedback and thoughts. We are currently gearing up to launch our Closed Alpha for Bassmaster Fishing 2022, we'd love to invite you to register your interest in the Aplha, if you haven't already as you have some great thoughts here and it would be great to have you involved in testing the game and helping the team by providing feedback. Please follow the link below to sign up for the Alpha.

Also, take a look at the Closed Alpha FAQ here:
    https://live.dovetailgames.com/live...icle/bassmaster-fishing-2022-closed-alpha-faq

Thanks,

Benjamin

3. Vintage1944

Vintage1944 Member

Oh yes sir, I signed up the day the email was first sent out.

• Like Like x 1
  4. DTG Benjamin

DTG Benjamin Staff Member

Love to hear it!

5. kylegetsemailhere

kylegetsemailhere New Member

Terrific post! Unfortunately, it looks like they didn't make any of the necessary adjustments in game before launch. I'm holding out hope for future updates though.