PlayStation Sos 08:18 Spad I've Found The Pesky Ai Causing It

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by paulc, Jun 13, 2022.

1. paulc

paulc Well-Known Member

So in Spirit of Steam 08:18 Northampton - Edge Hill, at 08:26:20 you will get a SPAD notice ending the game for you making this service impossible to complete, I've just spent some time watching the AI & it's caused by a light engine at Liverpool Limestreet using the turntable! The exit signal does not clear yet the loco proceeds onwards & causes the SPAD for you.

No need to thank me DTG :D

Last edited: Jun 13, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. paulc

paulc Well-Known Member

If you spawn on foot at Lime st at 08:25 to watch this loco do it's thing it always gets a clear exit signal.

3. paulc

paulc Well-Known Member

Strangely enough after watching the loco on the turntable a few times it got a green!? I thought hey let's have a go at running the train, got to the red, crawled to a halt with only minimal brake application & boom derail!

4. paulc

paulc Well-Known Member

Some said this service was fixed but I've just tested it & it's still broken.

• Like Like x 1
  5. jailbr3ak_acdc

jailbr3ak_acdc New Member

Still broken on PS4 and PS5

• Like Like x 1
  6. IHeartTrains

IHeartTrains New Member

And still broken over a month later (Xbox). Being as this breaks story progression/completion, shouldn't this be a high priority to fix? Is there a workaround at least? Can one stop the rebel AI loco?
    Gotta say, it's pretty unnerving to be cruising along, under speed limit, not a signal in sight and randomly... GAME OVER. ...and I gotta find my way here to get a clue WTF just happened. (thankful at least there's that!)

7. lockie#2098

lockie#2098 New Member

I found a work around for this that worked at least once.

Spawn on foot near the service you want to play a few minutes before it's scheduled. Sit in the driver's seat and it will give you the option to start the service.

This fixed the red signal at the turn table and I was able to finish the run. It did crash the game at the final stop but I was able to load a save from a few minutes prior and finish it normally.