Sos Enhancement Mod

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by SprattyHeath, Jul 4, 2022.

1. SprattyHeath

SprattyHeath Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 8
  2. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

The roof textures could do with a tweak, the repeating pattern is rather jarring. I presume that was the original?

3. SprattyHeath

Roof textures for what exactly??

4. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

This one:
    roof.png

• Like Like x 1
  5. SprattyHeath

Oh that's the default texture, I haven't changed it

• Like Like x 1
  6. IsambardKingdomBrunel

IsambardKingdomBrunel Well-Known Member

Nice one, at least you are trying to improve it.
    I wouldn't have a clue and it's free.

7. gazz292

gazz292 Well-Known Member

see... this is what can be done by people who have figured out how to change things unofficially,

Just imagine how good TSW2 could be if they gave us an official editor, people with spare time and a passion for a particular route / train could make them a lot better than they are now,

That would result in more sales for DTG, as people would buy routes/trains that they avoid now because they are broken/crap.

• Like Like x 5
  8. SprattyHeath

The closest we have is an unofficial editor done by people in the community, the amount of stuff you can do is quite incredible. I still haven't grasped it yet though

• Like Like x 1
  9. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

This route is in desperate need of line side scenery. It's like the Sahara green desert in places and the yards are so big and lifeless

10. 5cip

5cip Active Member

is the poor scenery and missing rolling stock in the yards due to console limits ? if so isnt it possible to bring up more life on the pc version ?

11. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I think the actual problem is why wouldn't the just place fake rolling stock there? Like the LIRR Amfleets and the narrow gauge wagons in DCZ.

Surely those wouldn't be hard to remove if a loco DLC came and used those sidings.

That's something I've seen done repeatedly in MSTS and RW, and it honestly blows my mind the fact the two examples I listed above are the only two instances of this technique being used.

Not being inside the dev team I can't be sure if there are other reasons, but if the one and only reason those are not added is because they fear that people travelling on foot would be disappointed by the existence of not fully modeled trains, I'm sorry but in my personal opinion that would be a very obtuse thought process.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  12. SprattyHeath

It is possible to add more scenery, except I don't have an understanding of how to do it with the community editor yet

• Like Like x 4
  13. This is something I'm interested in doing. Unfortunately I can't get the editor to load tsw at the moment. I'll get there eventually.

Nice work.

• Like Like x 2
  14. SprattyHeath

Hi all, just another quickie here, been recently experimenting out with the water textures on SOS, it's been a little bit of a tough nut to crack but I am getting somewhere with it.

I've found the default texture incredibly flat and dull, so I've been exploring on the Unreal Asset Store and coming across some water material textures that can be added on UE4 (which sucked) however I managed to find a plugin that allowed me to create Normal Maps for Paint.Net which has meant that I have a lot more freedom and flexibility to try out different water textures.

I'll post more if I progress further, i'll just leave you with this quick screenshot.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 6, 2022
    • Like Like x 6