Sound Pack Dlc's In The Future?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by TRAINing Day, Jul 23, 2021.

1. TRAINing Day

TRAINing Day New Member

After seeing dovetail games use Armstrong Powerhouse for the sounds on the add for the loco in Southeastern with the class 465, and more recently the Cathcart's class 314 traction stuff, I wonder if this will help open the door to us getting some official sound packs using whatever AP and others already have for any of the train sim world loco's AND coaches and such. My reason in asking is because we have these beautiful looking trains by dovetail games, but it doesn't take long before the novelty wears off once you have seen the difference in the sounds for all these updated works on train simulator by groups such as Armstrong powerhouse who record their own sounds and release their work as sound packs. I'd love to buy sound packs for tsw's class 37 (even though it's only freight and these packs also include passenger view sounds) the 377, the 66, 43 hst has amazing packs oh boy, blu 101 and more. We'd get better sounds when rolling over track joints, bogie sounds won't just be copied from previous similar work, switches and buttons sound amazing when used, brakes will sound amazing in cab as well as out, exterior stuff like compressors, horns, door open/close sounds, anyway no point going on as there's so much but I hope they can at least attempt just one pack and see how it goes, obviously it wouldn't be cheap as dtg would need their percentage but I just couldn't believe how poor train sim world was in terms of sounds when I began to see some of these sound packs in action for train simulator. Even if adding all sounds each pack contains over to tsw isn't possible, at least it's replacing everything that can be. I hope this is something they would consider since it seems their last release was all done by another group, just a map and a lively, they showcased the work and how stunning it was, that dessert looking add on, but you want to have heard the horn, oh boy. Thanks for your time, hope I haven't offended anyone as I've saw people in the past with an opinion been told if they don't appreciate dtg work then go away, that's not the case here.

• Like Like x 1
  2. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

This would be great for locos like the class 377, 375, 1972 stock etc. Since the electrostar sounds aren't bad but it sounds a bit off (same with the 72 stock)

• Like Like x 2
  3. thatleedsguy#8590

thatleedsguy#8590 Active Member

This might have been better posted in the Suggestions section, but I wholeheartedly agree.

Sounds like a win-win solution. DTG and AP get money and fans are happy with the upgraded sounds.

• Like Like x 1
  4. 4-COR

4-COR Well-Known Member

the 483 and 1972 ts sounds are genuinely terrible, i'd really like to see (or should that be hear?) them changed

• Like Like x 1
  5. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

I don't like the idea that the "evolution of train simulation" uses sounds so bad that I'd have to buy another DLC to fix them. They should be fine, to begin with. I shouldn't have to pay extra to FIX them.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Birita

Birita Well-Known Member

Crazy devs: Lets launch a game with bad sounds and later lets do a sound DLC and make people pay for it...

Crazy people: here take my money!

Hahahahahaha

• Like Like x 1
  7. George1862

George1862 Active Member

Plz do 37 sound pack

8. philwest#7393

philwest#7393 Member

The answer could be that in the future DTG work with companies like AP during development and then either pay for their work or grant a percentage of the sale price of the DLC, this would allow DTG to concentrate on maps, graphics.,etc. Only problem might be an increase in price!

9. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Maybe DTG and AP could just work together to get better sounds