Other Sound Presevation's

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by DEXCON, Oct 25, 2021.

1. DEXCON

DEXCON Member

Dear community,

Recent updates make me feel happy and a little frustrated at the same time. Mainly because of the sound's that are being reworked but not being updated for the old locomotives. For example:

- BR185 MRCE has some reworked sounds wich make it feel more real. But the old one still hasn't got the updated sound. Also, when stopping for a red signal. The locomotive sound isn't there anymore. I need to re-arm the circuit braker in order to get the sound back.

- Class 377 for southern and gatwich express are reworked and sound great! But why doesn't the South Eastern Class 377 get the same quality? Also you can't enjoy the sound on the East Coastway wich uses the same train!

- This is the most frustrating locomotive of them all. The BR182. The MRCE one does get some reworked sound but the PAID version wich is the passenger DB one does still have the unrealistic sounding 182 with no good sound at hight speed. However the sound quality still doesn't match enough realism in my opinnion.

My question is why? We are getting preservation updates wich is great! But the sound of the old locomotives is still very poor and painfull to hear. All the new locomotives do sound like and actual train. But all the old ones still have some very severe issues.

Why can't at least the locomotives mentioned above get the same audio quality?

2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

The basic answer is that the preservation crew hasn't got round to doing it yet.

The longer answer goes back to how DTG do their loco packs, and rather than having a central loco asset group they have put each loco in the route folders themselves, this means that when they release a loco with a new route, you end up with duplicates, even of exactly the same trains, such as the 377 (ECW, BML), 66 (GWE, ECW) and so on. This does mean that you will get a much more developed loco three years down the line on a new route, but the old version on the old route still looks and sounds three years old (go onto the 66 on GWE and sound the horn... ***SHUDDER***)

What should happen is that locos are separate from routes, so if you have a 377/1 on any route it's the same train.
    Upgrades for a new route? Everyone who has that asset from any route gets them.
    New sounds, or features, or buttons? Everyone who has that asset from any route gets them.

Unfortunately the first time I heard Matt say they were honestly looking into doing this was last Tuesday, but that probably means it won't happen in the next 18 months, if ever

• Helpful Helpful x 1