Sounds Are Really Crackly On All Routes

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by stevenwalker1985, Feb 18, 2021.

1. stevenwalker1985

stevenwalker1985 Well-Known Member

1 thing thats quite nippy is the train sounds are really crackly on all routes. I know it may have been said already but cant not say it likes. All is good till a train comes past. Or your passenger or driving. Defo needs fixing for sure

2. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

Just curious, have you not read any of the previous road maps?

The sounds crackle on preserved routes due to issues with the way in which they are handled in converting the route. They are slowly rectifying all affected sounds.

3. stevenwalker1985

I dont read road maps no.

If you read i say sounds are the same on every route. Had it bad today on sehs

4. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

What console do you have?

How do you play? Speakers? Headphones?

Do you use Dolby Atmos? Windows Sonic?

You need to give more descriptions of your issues.

I get the issues only on Preserved Routes, which is a known bug, which they are working on fixing.

5. stevenwalker1985

Xbox one.
    Speakers and headphones.
    Same outcome on both

6. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

On console, bad looped sounds is an issue. Unfortunately we haven't heard anything of DTG about this.

7. Hypz

Hypz Active Member

It's being worked on by Adam and the preserved collection team, it's on the roadmap

• Like Like x 1
  8. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

Bad looped sounds on console is not only on Preserved Collection, its on everything!

• Like Like x 1
  9. dreampage

dreampage Well-Known Member

I can confirm the same problem occurs on the newest Southeastern route as well. When another train passes you you hear constant crackling/popping sounds (and the framerate tanks, too, even on Series X). As soon as the other train passes everything clears up, both sound and performance.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Hypz

Hypz Active Member

Yeah I know, I was referring to the preserved collection side as well as everything else

• Like Like x 1
  11. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

I’ve noticed this issue on Xbox too, it’s not present on both PS4 & PS5 however, even though I use the same headset for both.

Do you use your headset directly plugged in to the controller? And if so do you use the controller wireless or wired?

I’d say try swapping your batteries or trying a wired connection, and if possible plugging your headset directly into the console, and see if that makes any difference.

Ive also noticed on Xbox that when you download anything you can get sound issues bizarrely.

12. Louis-MTA NYCTA

Louis-MTA NYCTA Well-Known Member

This sound issue has been addressed many times. DTG have stated and via the Road-map updates. DTG is actively working on a fix for these old routes/trains. Eventually this will be fixed for the the time being it is being actively worked on.

These sound issues are related to the old routes/trains being converted on the new game. The new sound issues on the new routes/trains might have to be an issue with the CORE game. But as DTG have stated they are actively working on it.

As a temporary fix: I recommend switching from first-person to an external camera then switch back. This usually fixes this issue but temporarily.

13. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

I made a small compilation of train sounds (horn, safety systems etc.) that are bad looped on the Playstation 4 PRO:

I didn't include Preserved Collection stuff on purpose to prevent people shouting at me that Preserved Collection audio is broken.

• Like Like x 1
  14. stevenwalker1985

I use wireless for headset and controller