Sounds & Visuals That Need Adding

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ItsYa165, Oct 6, 2017.

?
  1. Class 166

50.0%
  2. Class 43

25.0%
  3. Class 66

25.0%
  1. ItsYa165

ItsYa165 Well-Known Member

The class 166 sound effects are not realistic enough. The engine is a lot louder and more violent than this, shown here: (safe to watch) . The door closing bleeps/sounds are missing. The timetables and dashboards at stations would be a fantastic feature to add, as well as a range of station announcements. And sitting at the platform/ use of waiting rooms. The inside of the class 166 IS NOT QUITE! The inside of the class 166 is just as loud as outside (please add traction motor sound effects because they lay a big part of speed sensation). The ability to open the windows would be good too. Add guards and wind turbulence. Pay Attention to this footage, and replicate it!

Credit to HST ECML for this footage. We're Railfans

• Like Like x 5
  2. Karl456

Karl456 Member

I also believe that the engine sounds in TSW are often much too "soft". They need more base, more power, more roaring.It has begun with the three CSX locomotives, all having incredibly strong engines with a couple of thousand HP but they sometimes sound like a 100 HP engine of a car. Standing next to such a locomotives you cannot only hear the engine running, you feel it, just because the sound is so strong that it makes your whole body shaking. I don't want to say that TSW has to create exactly the same feeling, that would be an unrealistic demand, but it should try to copy the real-world feelings as good as possible, that means that it must be able to hear the enormous power of those engines.

At the moment the engines sound much to weak and "soft", not only those of the ES4400AC, the SD40-2 and the GP38-2 but especially those of the HST: In each of the two locomotives of an HST there is a powerful 2,250 HP engine roaring and making the ground around it shake due to its strong bass. But in TSW you may hear almost no bass. The sounds of the Class 166 need an update, too, as ItsYa165 has already mentioned.
    DTG: Please give us an extensive sound update. The general quality of the present sounds is not bad at all - maybe there are also some smaller changes in the sound adjustments, which need to be performed. Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  3. ItsYa165

ItsYa165 Well-Known Member

I couldn't have said it better. Why don't you take this feed off my hands. I can't get enough of the networker class... clearly DTG doesn't appreciate the class 166.