South Eastern Mainline Between 1986-90

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by finntd#7891, Jun 8, 2021.

1. finntd#7891

finntd#7891 Well-Known Member

The South Eastern Mainline is a 77 Mile route between London: Charing Cross and Dover: Priory,
    The time period I decided on was Between 1986 and 1990 when Network Southeast was in there first few years, and to allow both NSE and BR B&G paints on the EMUs
    SEM.png

EMUs:

BR Class 410 4-BEP/Class 411 4-CEPs:
    These Units are the same Except the 410s have a Buffet trailer in place of a Second Class Trailer.
    The BR Class 410/411s were 4 car EMUs designed for work on the Electrified Mainlines in Kent.
    Services for these units can Include Express work, and Stopping Passenger Work, perhaps with some coupling and Uncoupling to other units here and there.
    BR Class 411.jpg

BR Class 423 4-VEP:
    Similar to the 411 The BR Class 423s are 4 car Suburban Units with more seating designed for suburban trains out of South London, these units can run suburban services so they can run stopping services similar to the 410/411s.
    BR Class 423.jpg

Locos:

BR Class 73:
    The BR Class 73 are Dual Power Electro-Diesel locomotives capable running off either Diesel or Third rail Electric, these units can run Passenger services via coupling to one of the Multiple Units and Freight Services, with Rescue services and Maintenance Services.
    BR Class 73.jpg

Rollingstock:

Passenger:

BR MK1 TSO/BSO:
    I could confirm NSE had MK1 TSOs, I couldn't confirm if they owned MK1 BSOs but I think they should still include the MK1 BSO along side the TSO as Passenger stock for the Class 73 and other Layered in Locos, especially since dovetail can just bring them over from WSR.

Freight:
    No i will not go into freight Stock, but it can come from TVL

Layering:
    NTP can give The Class 47, with Traveling Post Office Trains via the use of MK1 BGs, With HFP bringing Oil Trains, and Box Van Trains,
    TVL can give Coke, Steel, and Limestone trains, plus we can get the Class 20/37 as some Freight Locos with the Class 31 For Mixed Traffic,
    and Later on if more old SR Slam Door stock were to come along they can layer into this.

Ending:
    My Suggestion for South Eastern Mainline during the late 80s is in Response to a Couple commenters on a Previous suggestion I made for a Diesel Legends but for East Coastways/Brighton Mainline who said they rather see the old SR Multiple Units and locos in a New route in response I made this.

also if you got something i could add to this let me know

Last edited: Aug 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 11
  2. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Class 73 can layer to BML as Gatwick Express if it has the matching class 488/489s.

3. finntd#7891

I put the Class 488/489 in my previous ELOTSR because it would fit there

• Like Like x 1
  4. driverwoods#1787

Okay then and for this route can the Class 73 SEML provide service layers on other third rail routes and also Diesel routes or not? In the previous electric Legends pack you posted I mentioned to how pain in the arse to operate class 73 in electric mode. Because you must know how to operate Class 73 in weak Parallel and series field. The diesel mode will be straightforward because you're simply operating a blue star multiple working diesel locomotive NTP Class 45 & 40 TVL Class 31 and Class 33 WSR/GWML. Speaking of NTP & Tees Valley Line can they offer services on this route or not? Remember there's through traffic freight Dover to Saltburn and Dover London Leeds Manchester freight traffic

5. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

Having a route set in the 1990's would be interesting, fairly modern but also historical. Even just London Charing Cross to Tonbridge would be a good size route, with plenty of services and variety. I would also suggest including the Bromley North branch for a bit of extra interest, which is only an additional two miles.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
  6. finntd#7891

the only other Third rail routes the class 73s would be able to run on are 660 - 750V DC via Thirdrail which is mostly the Electrification of the southern region which include Brighton Mainline and East Coastway so it can run there, I found from testing in TSW2 that dovetail didnt give the Class 45 MU compatibility, New Services from Other routes? Well NTP can give Traveling Post Office Trains via the use of MK1 BGs, TVL can give Coke, Steel, and Limestone trains, plus we can get the Class 20/37 as some Freight Locos with the Before Mentioned Class 31.

• Like Like x 2
  7. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

It would be good to see this, I love the old slam door EMU's.

However I think it will be a long time till we get a route this long in TSW, if ever.

The layers would be okay, although I can't see why you would see a class 101 in the area, I know DTG like to include it though, so I guess they would find an excuse.

A reskin of the class 33 would be very useful for this route and a class 47 for the cross country services with mark 2d - f stock, a class 47/4 in the 476xx number series in large logo blue would be suitable.

I doubt class 20's or 31's would have been seen in the area.

8. finntd#7891

well perhaps the 101 can appear as AI trains going in and out of Charing Cross, The 31 and 20 need a Bit more action so i put them in i think they can work

9. theorganist

A class 101 would never have been seen at Charing Cross!

If you are going to go to the trouble of creating the correct stock for a route, why then add unrealistic layers?

10. finntd#7891

personally i think TSW Doesn't have to be 100% accurate to real life in fact i might remove the 101 but i still think the 20 and 31 should be allowed to be there it aint gonna hurt to have them

11. theorganist

Well we all want different things, I am a bit of a stick in the mud purist as I like to recreate realistic operations, but that is just me, I recognise there are many different approaches to the sim. I think as long as you could turn layers off then it could cater for everyone.

• Like Like x 1
  12. 59321747

59321747 Well-Known Member

I hope it is accurate because it is part of reality. Of course, DTG must give up some realistic elements to optimize the route. I hope that capable producers can use drone scanning to achieve a true and accurate route, and of course the scenery of the route!

13. driverwoods#1787

Since Class 73 has a diesel engine it can appear on WSR by coupling to a class 33 blue star MU if DTG does get the MU code correctly for Classes 45 31/1 33 & 73 under diesel mode blue star. Only locomotive so far in game to do it is Class 31/1 Blue Star mu with Blue Square Class 101 DMU on TVL. If you are wondering what I'm talkin about its Sam Colonel Failure using one on Arosa Line off the rails mode

14. theorganist

The class 73 does not need to be coupled to another loco or unit to run on it's own or hauling stock.

15. finntd#7891

it could just be connected to itself for heavier loads and on routes like WSR they wont really need to give it another loco to haul the trains as they can give them one of the EMUs listed in my suggestion for it

• Like Like x 1
  16. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Anything with the Network SouthEast livery (except Isle of wight) would probably be a purchase from me. Really want to see some toothpaste liveried commuter action.