Train Sim World 3 South London Network

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ben#4827, Mar 12, 2023.

1. ben#4827

ben#4827 Well-Known Member

Hello, today i am suggesting the very popular train simulator classic South London Network for Train Sim World 3. The Train Sim World franchise has never had a proper network route so i am proposing in this post for the South London Network.

I will be splitting this post into these categories. Route, rolling stock, important stations, layers, future DLC.

The Route
    This network would feature a massive variety of services on multiple different lines from the 2 main hubs being London Victoria and London Bridge. There are multiple sections branching of from the lines coming out of the hubs.

[​IMG]

The Rolling Stock
    The trains i have decided to come with the route are, the BR class 377/4 377/1 and 377/6, the class 455, the class 378, the class 465/9, and the class 375

[​IMG]

The British Rail Class 377 Electrostar is a British dual-voltage electric multiple unit passenger train (EMU) built by Bombardier Transportation on its Electrostar platform at Derby Litchurch Lane Works from 2001 to 2014. You would see these train running on fast services down to East Croydon from London Bridge and London Victoria and also the metro style services such as the Caterham and Tattenham Corner services or the West Croydon services.

[​IMG]

The British Rail Class 455 is an electric multiple unit passenger train built by BREL between 1982 and 1985. It is operated on suburban services in Greater London and Surrey by South Western Railway, as well as formerly by Southern.

These services will only run metro services in and out of Victoria and London Bridge similar to the 377 metro services.

[​IMG]

The Class 378 Capitalstar is a dual-voltage electric multiple-unit train (EMU), designed to be supplied via either the 750 V DC third rail or the 25 kV 50 Hz AC overhead lines. It is a customised version of Bombardier's Electrostar family, aimed at the short-distance mass-transit end of the market.

This unit will run London Overground services from West Croydon to Highbury and Islington and Crystal Palace to Highbury and Islington.

[​IMG]

The British Rail Class 465 Networker is a class of 147 electric multiple units built by Metro-Cammell, British Rail Engineering Limited (BREL) and ABB Rail between 1991 and 1994. Originally operated by Network South East, these units are now run by Southeastern. Known for their iconic motor sounds. These units will be seen running services from London Bridge to Lewisham and London Victoria to Kent House and Orpington.

[​IMG]

The British Rail Class 375 is an electric multiple unit train that was built by Bombardier Transportation (previously Adtranz) at Derby Litchurch Lane Works, from 1999 to 2005. The class form part of the Electrostar family of units, which also includes classes 357, 376, 377, 378, 379 and 387. This would be seen running fast services in and out of London Victoria and London Bridge.

Important/iconic stations

[​IMG]

With the tallest building in Europe looming large over the station, London Bridge is a vital hub and interchange for services to Kent and Surrey aswell as the Midland Main Line and Cambridgeshire.

[​IMG]

London Victoria is the main hub for Southern services and also Gatwick Express. Southeastern also shares this station with southern with frequent services into Kent.

[​IMG]

Crystal Palace is a unique historical station which many train fans love seeing. The station operates Southern and London Overground Services.

Layers
    For the layers id like to see frequent freight services through Lewisham and Peckham. Id also like to see a RHTT layer doing a cicuit around some of the lines which i think would be pretty fun to do.

Future DLC

[​IMG]

The class 700 for services trundling through South London eventually to London Bridge.

Thank you for taking the time to read my suggestion and i hope you all like the idea, Thanks.

• Like Like x 15
  2. Folup1372#8582

Folup1372#8582 Well-Known Member

Aint a Bad idea , I would Like that but i dont thing DTG Would add it

3. AirbourneAlex

AirbourneAlex Well-Known Member

The route would definitely be busy with a lot of variety, but the majority of services are less than 30 minutes in duration and most do not run their full service length (continuing off-map as AI only). It would also make more sense to extend a few miles to end at Beckenham Junction and Lewisham (as more major stations where services could start/end).

• Like Like x 1
  4. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

If you want to make it simple in terms of Rolling Stock make the following as standard 378 & 455. DLC or Standard Southern Class 456 which can then be modified to become Edinburgh Waverly to Glasgow Queen Street via Falkirk High Class 320 GEML Class 321.
    From the base game route Southeast high speed you get 375 465/9 while BML ECW 377/1 377/4 later WCML South 377/2 377/5 & 377/7 if made. White 375 comes from Expansion pack 2.

5. tibomatthijs

tibomatthijs Well-Known Member

Great suggestion! I'm seeing some good Southern stock there! Route itself looks amazing too, this could be a banger in TSW! :D

• Like Like x 3
  6. R3DWolf91

R3DWolf91 Well-Known Member

Always up for some more Southern Region content

• Like Like x 4
  7. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

A great suggestion, one of the most favourite routes I'd like in TSW - the timetable and all the different rolling stock would be amazing!

Glad to hear, absolutely agree. There definitely needs to be a new Southern and/or Southeastern route in TSW again soon for another great timetable like London Commuter and SEHS considering there's been a few UK routes elsewhere since.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Projectoverseer

Projectoverseer Active Member

If this route ever does exist, They are very much likely to Butcher the sounds like they did on TSC.. But nice suggestion mate, I would play that route.

9. Ilba8765

Ilba8765 Well-Known Member

Amazing suggestion always nice to be able to see new parts of the city of London.
    that including the BR 455 would really be a bonus hit.

• Like Like x 1
  10. We need this route in tsw.

• Like Like x 2
  11. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Good suggestion but I would take it back to the VEP/EPB era for something a bit different.

• Like Like x 1