South/southwest Us Route/s Needed For Train Sim World

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by SD40Australia-Daniel, Aug 4, 2018.

1. SD40Australia-Daniel

SD40Australia-Daniel Member

I would like to see a high speed freight route for Train Sim World from the South Central region and South West region.

A 70 mile approximately route between El Paso and Dallas in Texas which focuses on high speed freighters and possibly an Amtrak train in future? Or it could be between Amarillo and Memphis Texas. UP does have trackage rights for this section/subdivision

Another two route ideas are Las Vegas (could run 75 miles north and south of Las Vegas) where the Amtrak train visits (Desert Wind used to?) and Flagstaff to Kingman. There is also the Grand Canyon tourist train that runs to the Grand Canyon from near Flagstaff and I believe this route also has Amtrak. Doing the mainline route with branch would be truly epic!

I don't see so many train spotters in Europe watching trains like I do on youtube with spotters following the US freighters.

When the physics is updated for TSW and the trains feel heavy these high speed routes will be maazing.

And since most routes for TSW have been the same as the original Train Simulator/Railworks routes, I feel these ideas have merit for serious consideration so they can be marketed for the masses.

And as Cajon Pass or Tehachapi could still be done I would prefer to see something different. Otherwise the segment to Barstow could be lengthened to Needles for a reasonable high speed run.

SD40Australia-Daniel

(more route suggestions to come - an Australian, Japanese and a Norwegian)

• Like Like x 1