South Transpennine Mainline - Cleethorpes To Doncaster/ Or Sheffield

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by K13R0N, Jan 8, 2019.

1. K13R0N

K13R0N New Member

Stations (to be stopped at) included would be:
    Cleethorpes
    Grimsby Town
    Haborough (1tp2h)
    Barnetby
    Scunthorpe
    Doncaster
    (if extended to Sheffield)
    Meadowhall
    Sheffield
    Rolling Stock
    Class 185 Desiro
    Class 170 Turbostar (depending on when the route is set)
    Depending on how Dovetail manage AI, a Class 153 sprinter could be included for AI services to Barton and Newark (Northern and East Midlands services respectively - however I believe DTG don't hold licences for either TOCs).
    Scunthorpe and Barnetby see a high amount of freight traffic passing through to the port of Immingham so maybe a 66 could be included too?

The main TPE service from Cleethorpes to Manchester Airport is hourly (2 hours sunday mornings, hourly sunday afternoons) which would provide a high amount of services for service mode in both directions.
    The reason I've suggested said route is because in both TSW and Train Sim over the years, no addons have been based in the East Midlands and Lincolnshire. The resort of Cleethorpes would provide a coastal terminus whilst a terminus of Doncaster or Sheffield would provide the route with a busy, central terminus.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Trains4Days

Trains4Days New Member

How long is the route? Never been along this line while down there

• Like Like x 1
  3. K13R0N

K13R0N New Member

Travel time from Cleethorpes to Doncaster is 74 minutes and the route is roughly 55 mile I believe

• Like Like x 1
  4. cosmo

cosmo Active Member

The old Oovee Class 156 for TS20XX cones with an ex-Serco Northern Rail livery (though not sure if it has the branding) so it's not entirely out of the question I guess :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. K13R0N

K13R0N New Member

Thats true, although it didn't have the branding on, but that livery is still applied to the 153s that run on the Barton line. However that route is supposedly transferring to the new East Midlands franchise so it may not be required.

• Like Like x 1
  6. antonwright1985

antonwright1985 New Member

• Like Like x 1
  7. antonwright1985

antonwright1985 New Member

Hi, just seen your route suggestion and I also would like to see this route in TS2021. It would be a great add for the game and it is my local area

• Like Like x 1
  8. midlandsignaller

midlandsignaller Member

I'd like to see this too but including the freight lines at Scunthorpe, Immingham and Grimsby and the Barton-on-Humber Branch, plus starting at Doncaster. With freight rolling stock, Barton Branch rolling stock and Lincoln and Brigg Lines rolling stock.

Stations (Main Line) - Doncaster, Kirk Sandall, Hatfield and Stainforth, Thorne South, Crowle, Althorpe, Scunthorpe, Barnetby, Habrough, Stallingborough, Healing, Great Coates, Grimsby Town, Grimsby Docks, New Clee and Cleethorpes.

Stations (Branch) - Ulceby, Thornton Abbey, Goxhill, New Holland, Barrow Haven and Barton-on-Humber.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020