Southeastern High Speed: St Pancras - Faversham Route Add-on Tsw 3

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by johntay, Aug 9, 2022.

1. johntay

johntay Member

As it says owners of this route for TSW 2 will get a bonus free upgrade so I'm a little confused does this mean the tsw 2 version i have the now will be updated to add the new extension. If so, will this be done straight away before TSW 3 is released or do i have to wait till, then.

If i have to wait till, then i don't see why this would be a bonus as i would then have it with tsw 3 i thought it read that the owners once pre ordered would get the updated version of the route.

I have pre-ordered and don't see the updated version, so I am really confused which isn't hard to do lol

2. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

The updated version is for TSW3 only, so your existing TSW2 version will not change. But if you buy any of the bundles for TSW3 then you will get a TSW3 version of SEHS for free (assuming you buy one of the bundles which doesn't include SEHS!)

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. tom.frame

tom.frame Member

I hope this helps the New game comes out September 6th if you pre order
    the update will happen whenever the game release which won't happen till September the 6th.
    There will be a Roadmap update stream tomorrow August 10th I don't have a time hope that helps

• Like Like x 1
  4. johntay

johntay Member

Thank you both so much that makes things a lot cleaner now i totally read it the wrong way. Oh well i purchased the deluxe version now my bad i should of asked the question first.

Thanks again for replying

• Like Like x 1
  5. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

Hoping the scenery on the first half of SEHS gets a face lift with the new route.
    Several places were sub standard in the original.

• Like Like x 2
  6. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Agreed, there's plenty to re-do. The whole section before dipping under the Thames is awful really, Rainham Marshes, albeit a Nature Reserve looks like a desolate, toxic wasteland.

• Like Like x 1
  7. fre

fre Active Member

As part of any new signalling, I’d absolutely love for the preliminary route indicators (PRI) to be operational at Springhead junction. These display nothing on the route currently (suggesting a danger aspect at the signal before the junction), but this is of course not the case when diverging towards Ebbsfleet. PRIs are in the game AND fully operational when approaching North Pole on GWE on the down main, so I hope with the refresh to SEHS these will be brought in. :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

There has been updates to the route, we will have all the details on these nearer launch.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Cash

Cash Well-Known Member

Has the Class 375 been improved? There were some big inaccuracies on the train previously such as sound, destination screens etc.

• Like Like x 1
  10. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Going off what we were shown yesterday, the PIS on the 375 is at least the same.

Worth mentioning though, Jamie stated yesterday that work was still ongoing for SEHS.

• Like Like x 2
  11. trainsimplayer

trainsimplayer Well-Known Member

Probably not missing out much, you still get Cajon, Kassel and Steam on top of an upgraded SEHS (plus I don't think there would have been any other way to take advantage of the SEHS upgrade being free)

12. Mikeboy

Mikeboy Active Member

Was buying the Class 465 a complete waste of money long term? Will the scenarios that were included in the loco DLC be ported?

13. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Yes, and most likely
    Only consolation is I've had months of playing the 465 in TSW2 that I wouldn't have otherwise had, but you'll get it for free in the SEHS-3 version even if you never had it in TSW2 it seems

14. lcyrrjp

lcyrrjp Well-Known Member

It’s sad about the 465, because it’s a really good recreation of the unit in most respects, spoilt by unrealistic acceleration. If that were to be corrected on the TSW3 version, that would be enough to encourage me to buy TSW3. Based on what we’ve heard so far, there’s nothing of interest for me and I’ll be sticking with TSW2. However, I’ll keep listening in the hope that changes.

15. 66050

66050 Active Member

Same story with the 66, will it receive a sound update? (poor looping on the AWS tone, inaccurate horn etc) Hope to see this rectified.

• Like Like x 1
  16. ARuscoe

There are two different versions in TSW2 I believe. Hopefully the disassociation from routes will allow some "better co-ordination" in such things

• Like Like x 1
  17. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

You should be able to get a refund if you purchased from Steam.

18. ARuscoe

If on steam you can get a refund as you won't have played the two hours yet (Steam has a limit on playtime before a refund)
    Then you can get whatever version you wish

19. On the FAQ is stated that

Players who already own Southeastern High Speed: St Pancras - Faversham Route Add-on and/or Spirit of Steam: Liverpool Lime Street - Crewe Add-on in Train Sim World 2 will receive the updated version of these routes for free upon purchasing any copy of Train Sim World 3 (on the same platform & account).
    Please Note: Players will not be refunded or compensated if they already own an add-on that is included in a Train Sim World 3 bundle. Therefore, we would recommend that players carefully choose the bundle that is right for them.​

So I guess there's no discount or whatever if I buy the "Standard Edition" and I already own the route AND the extra loco DLC for it? The wording in the quoted text is a bit weird to me if so...

20. ARuscoe

Technically you own the licenses for the TSW2 version of SEHS and the TSW2 version of the class 465
    They are giving you licenses for the TSW3 version SEHS which includes the 465 as an asset anyway

But no, you won't be getting a discount for anything you own in TSW2 already, but there's no option to ONLY buy TSW3 without any content so you're paying for something either way

21. I guess the only option then is to buy the German or US Starter Pack and get the upgrade "for free" but it's a real bad value if you want both the German and the US routes :(

22. ARuscoe

[​IMG]
    If each route DLC is £24.99 and the core game update is £5 then the standard edition (£39.99) is still less than the price of 2 DLC and you get the core thrown in for free and don't pay for SEHS. If you don't have SEHS already then you're getting THREE DLC for £39.99 (so £13.33 each)

So it depends on your definition of value

• Like Like x 2