Southeastern Route Proposal

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by jack travers, Jul 2, 2022.

1. jack travers

jack travers Well-Known Member

Hi guys, me again for the 5th time in three days and today I’m suggesting Another southeastern line but from London Charing Cross to Gravesend via Sidcup right here is the Introduction that will contain details of the route then after we will do rolling stock then Stations and finally summary so let’s get started

Charing Cross - Gravesend is only a short route that is 22 miles long and takes about 1 hour and 4 minutes to complete This line is operated by Southeastern but we could have Southern as a layer for Gen 8 consoles hanging around London bridge and as a potentially new operator we could have Thameslink on the Dartford - Rainham line
    Since gravesend is already in the game and Norfolk just needs to have platforms they can just add the rest of the charing cross mainline. With the max speed being 80-90mph which imo is a bit too fast for the 465 but anywho.

Rolling stock:
    Southeastern rolling stock:
    The class 375/9 built by Bombardier between 1995 and 2005 at Derby Litchurch lane works, it has a max speed of 161kmh/100 mph but rarely gets to use the max speed, since we already have it from southeastern I’m not sure if there is a need of an update [​IMG]

Next we have the class 465/9 It was built by British Rail engineering between 1991 and 1994 at York Carriage works and Washwood Heath the train has a max speed of 121kmh/75mph We also already have this train in the game so unless it needs an update to it[​IMG]

Potential layer rolling stock:
    The class 377/4 is a train we already have on the southern fleet. Although it is also part of the Southeastern fleet but it will not be included due to choices but this train was built by bombardier between 2001-2014 in Derby Litchurch Works It has a max speed of 161kmh/100mph and can be seen as a layer at London bridge [​IMG]

Next we have the class 700 ‘Thameslink’
    That could be a layer seen coming from Blackfriars through london bridge and up to Deptford it was built at Krefeld, Germany between 2014 and 2018, built by siemens and is part of the Desiro family it has a max speed of 161km/h (100mph)
    [​IMG]

Last layer could be the class 395 ‘Javelin’ is a dual Voltage EMU built at Kasado Works in Japan between 2007 and 2009 by hitachi for the London Olympics This train is capable of 230km/h or 143mph. This train is also named ‘Britains Fastest’ and uses some French safety systems. Plus we already have this train in the game[​IMG]

New Potential Operator: Thameslink
    While using the same train/operator We could use it on the Dartford - Rainham line
    but it would only stop at Gravesend following the southeastern highspeed line on the same train[​IMG]

Stations: Starting from Charing cross obviously we have
    1. Charing Cross (SE)
    2. Waterloo east (SE)
    3. London Bridge (SE)(So)(TL)
    4. Hither green (SE)
    5. Lee (SE)
    6. Mottingham (SE)
    7. New Eltham (SE)
    8. Sidcup (SE)
    9. Albany park (SE)
    10. Bexley (SE)
    11. Crayford (SE)
    12. Dartford (SE)(TL)
    12. Stone crossing (SE)(TL)
    13. Greenhithe for Bluewater (SE)(TL)
    14. Swanscombe (SE)(TL)
    15. Northfleet [NFL] (SE)(TL)
    16. Gravesend (SE)(TL)

(fyi)
    Southeastern = SE
    Thameslink = TL
    Southern = SO

Anyways that’s it for this suggestion tell me what you think and tell me any detail i missed out on and correct me for any mistakes as I later will be working On a Kidderminister to Leamington Spa Route proposal

Last edited: Jul 2, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
  2. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

Not yet. Once we have had some routes away from the southeast, without electrostars, set in the modern era it would be a maybe but only because of the 465s.

3. jack travers

What about Kidderminister to Leamington Spa via Birmingham

• Like Like x 1
  4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Class 375 would be AI only as only runs on the line between CHX and Hither Green (where it bear off down the Kent Mainline). 375s don't run on the North Kent Lines.
    One train I would suggest as a DLC would be the class 376 High capacity electrostar, and before people jump on the "Not another electrostar!", this is a very different beast with a different front end, different passenger layout and much bigger doors...
    [​IMG]
    This unit is used exensively on the North Kent lines, is stabled at Orpington and Slade Green depots and would be run on the line to Dartford or Gravesend (P0). Because these units don't have toilets they're restricted to a run of 58 minutes or less so never run further out than this

5. jack travers

excellent!!!, I didn’t know that thanks for the help

6. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Lived in Gillingham for eight years and Gravesend for 17
    You know the whole of the NKL would fit within the 50 mile (or so) limit (kinda) of DTG routes, right? Meaning we could get all three NKL from CHX to Gravesend including via Sidcup, Bexleyheath and Woolwich...

7. jack travers

wow :o I didn’t know that either thank you