Southeastern Trains (london To Medway Towns)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by TrainSim_Fan, Jun 3, 2020.

1. TrainSim_Fan

TrainSim_Fan Well-Known Member

Good morning all, hope your all doing well. Today I'm going to propose the route from London Charing Cross to Gillingham via Dartford including the branch to London Cannon Street, the total length of this route Is 40 miles so by no means the longest route on the game. So I'm now going to list all the stations on the route aswell as a notable thing about each station:
    • Charing Cross - The platforms at Charing Cross extend over the Thames on the Thames Bridge.
    • Waterloo East - Despite the bustling stations neighbours Waterloo, Waterloo East is the quietest main station in London.
    • London Bridge - The oldest railway terminus in London. And is 1.6 miles east of Charing Cross Station.
    • Lewisham - Links up with lines automatic railway the DLR.
    • Blackheath - Straddling the border of Greenwich, blackheath is surprisingly empty considering its location.
    • Kidbrooke - Meh, not much but it's in London Zone 3.
    • Eltham - Meh, notmuch but it's in London Zone 4.
    • Falconwood - One of the only stations on the line not to have step free access.
    • Welling - Meh
    • Bexleyheath - The half way mark of the line.
    • Barnehurst - Meh
    • Dartford - Some services terminate here.
    • Stone Crossing - Meh
    • Greenhithe - This Is where you change for the iconic Bluewater Shopping Centre. Shopping......wwwwoooohhhhh. Lol
    • Swanscombe - Meh
    • Northfleet - Meh
    • Gravesend - HS1 Station
    • Higham - Meh
    • Strood - Home to the HOO valley line. HS1 station.
    • Rochester - Home to historic Rochester Castle.
    • Chatham - Home of the historic Chatham Dockyard.
    • Gillingham - No idea.
    The trains that would need to be included are the Class 375 and Class 465. All services along the line are stopping services dlsome terminating at Dartford, this provides a similar experience to German S Bahn Routes. Thanks for all who have read through this please let me know your opinions by replying so I can improve my suggestion. Thanks all, stay safe.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

If DTG were to do an extensive 3rd rail route in TSW, other than London-Brighton (which would re-use the Brighton shed), then this would be it, as Chatham is their stomping ground. The route out from Victoria is already done in TS1 - so I can see the appeal for the Dartford route.

TS Rochester and River Medway.jpg

It would be great to see Charing Cross and Cannon Street station as well... but you'd be asking for three termini buildings, plus a huge amount of central London built up areas including the City (Cannon Street) and the West End (Charing Cross) as well as the South Bank (London Bridge) areas.... and this is why you are more likely to get Victoria (and a copy of the London-Gillingham route from TS1), and a bit of Victoria St..... instead.... because Victoria could then be shared with a future London-Brighton line (which I strongly suspect is already in the pipeline).....:

TS London Victoria.jpg

So...... you might get quite a lot of what you desire.... eventually.

I'd prefer the sprawling South London Network myself.... but only if TSW is massively upgraded in terms of simulation at the wheel/rail interface - which is awesome in TS1, but pretty basic in TSW.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  3. TrainSim_Fan

Good points, it would take a lot of effort to model central london.

• Like Like x 1
  4. samuelbrookes1

samuelbrookes1 Active Member

This route could also be done with some class 700s to London Blackfriars.

5. TrainSim_Fan

No............it couldn't. To get to Blackfriars you go up the the line to Victoria I'm suggesting the line to Charing Cross.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2020