1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Southern Pacific Daylight Route-late 1940s (los Angeles-ventura)

Discussion in 'Route Suggestions & Proposals' started by Buynot, Oct 23, 2018.

?
  1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Buynot

Buynot Well-Known Member

Southern Pacific's Coast Daylight was considered to be the most beautiful train in the world by many for its bright sunset colors and luxury service. The Daylight ran between Los Angeles, California; to San Francisco, California. To implement the entirety of the route into Train Simulator would be a very daunting task, so instead I propose that only a section of the route be implemented, starting at LAUPT, and ending at the depot in Ventura. With this route, not only will we have a definitive route for the Southern Pacific GS4s, several other SP locomotives can come of this route such as the MT-4 mountains, and P-8 Pacifics. Not only that, but new rolling stock can come with this route like some standard SP Pullman passenger cars, and 1950s boxcars. In my opinion, this route would be a fantastic edition to Train Simulator.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
    • Upvote Upvote x 4
  2. jedi247

jedi247 Active Member

If we get this route set in the 50s and 60s, we could get some really cool diesels like the SP Daylight liveried Alco PA-1s, Black Widow F7 or FP7s, FM H-24-66 Trainmasters, GP7/9s, or SD7/9s. Maybe DLCs? I would love this.

• Upvote Upvote x 2
  3. 777Gaming

777Gaming Member

This is a really interesting idea. I'm a fan of SP, so this would be cool!

• Upvote Upvote x 1