Southwestern Mainline London Waterloo - Portsmouth Harbour

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by sam12isbest, Oct 2, 2021.

1. sam12isbest

sam12isbest New Member

This is a line that runs from London Waterloo to Portsmouth Harbour which is a distance of 74 miles operated by South Western Railway the journey in full is 1hr 32mins through the Portsmouth direct line with stations such as London Waterloo, Clapham Junction, Woking, Guildford, Godalming, Haslemere, Petersfield, Havant, Fratton, Portsmouth and Southsea, Portsmouth harbour operating with class 444s and class 450s which in the formations of the 444s in 5 and 10 cars where as the 450s in 4,8 and 12 cars

[​IMG]
    Also there are the slow lines that the South Western railway travel which I think will go good with the Portsmouth direct line because just driving the Portsmouth direct line will get boring, it will give variety of fast and slow services, and it is something new which hasn’t been done in train simulator before. The journey time would be 2h 35mins I know it seems long but I believe most people will want these two routes. Some slow lines stops include Portsmouth Harbour, Portsmouth and Southsea, Fratton, Hilsea, Cosham, Portchester, Fareham, Botley, Hedge End, Eastleigh, Winchester, Micheldever, Basingstoke, Hook, Winchfield, Fleet, Farnborough, Brookwood, Woking, Weybridge, Walton-on-Thames, Surbiton, Waterloo this route is using the same stock as the Portsmouth direct line. You could also implement the class 442 which was running on the route just a while back

• Like Like x 9
  2. sam12isbest

sam12isbest New Member

Leave your suggestions and feedback below

3. GooseWaffe

GooseWaffe Member

I agree it would be the perfect route with something for everyone, the slow moving trains and the faster ones, with constant engineering work there’d also be room for some class 66 scenarios. Let’s also not forget the new class 707 aventras. Some of the assets, such as clapham junction are already in the game. I think the addition of the weird juniper traction motor noises would be fun. overall a good route and a good suggestion, hope this gets looked into