Spain > Valencia – Castellón De La Plana

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by railway12, Jun 18, 2020.

?
  1. Yes, definetly.

90.5%
  2. Ehm, sounds alright.

4.8%
  3. Ehm, maybe not quite sure.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No.

4.8%
  1. railway12

railway12 Well-Known Member

Hello, I haven’t seen anyone that has suggested a spanish route so far, but Spain should in my opinion also be included in TSW it’s a very interesting country when it comes to the railway. It’s got a different scenery when you compare it to other countries and Spain has also got a pretty unique style of trains and stations.

This route section features iconic scenery, a mix from local to medium to highspeed, shunting and cargo services, acceptable length, nice stations, good variety of train stock and spanish flair.
    It is 44 miles from Valencia to Castelló towards Barcelona. That should not be a problem when it comes to route length. I would make it kind of modern around ~2012 because this track is being updated since 2015 and has yet been finished, you only get seeing excavators instead of the scenery when setting it after 2015. Well, first of all, when coming out from Valencia, there are a few tunnels then you get to see the suburban areas with some shopping centers and a beautiful landscape. After that we get to see rural regions and towns with many fields leading to Castellon. And when looking at the material under the tracks, you’ll notice plenty of different alternating colours from red to grey.

On that route the local C-6 runs on its full length and the C-5 until Sagunt where it continues on the non-electrified track towards Claudiel. But the whole line suggested is electrified. So, you got some heavy traffic on those rails. Every 5 minutes you’ll see another train passing by. On this route section we have got a double track which needs to handle all the medium and high-speed and to Zaragoza and Barcelona. Besides passengers also freight trains operate but they are in the minority. The rolling stock is also quite different, so everyone would surely find his train to run on this route. I for example would like to go for MD with the 470. Though there are only a limited amount of trains that can be modelled by DTG so I would go with the 447 regional train, definitely the 470, and two of these 490,499, 592, 599, 310, 319 or one High-Speed one like Euromed or Talgo. I don’t have very much information on cargo trains to be honest, but if I’m not mistaken then the 253 and 319 operate cargo on this route. And not to forget the 310 is also working hard when shunting waggons and locos in and out of Valencia. So, a huge variety.

Valencia Nord - the highlight of this route - is a really nice and busy station located south of the city center. It’s like Paddington when you compare it to its traffic. There’s also another station next to it for high-speed services, though some high-speed services are also terminating at Valencia Nord. And it is worth mentioning that there are always around 40 of “static” trains and hundreds of freight waggons and coaches are parked there. So, a bit of shunting is a very important part that needs to be done as well.

Let the spirit of Spain come to TSW!

The Line
    Valencia - Castellón de la Plana > 44 miles

Valencia Nord
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Valencia Joaquin Sorolla
    [​IMG]
    Valencia F. S. L.
    [​IMG]
    Albuixech
    [​IMG]
    Sagunt
    [​IMG]
    Burriola
    [​IMG]
    Castellón de la Plana
    [​IMG] The Services
    Based on 2012 and my existing memory

Cercanias Local
    C5 València-Nord – Sagunt-Caudiel > 592
    C6 València-Nord – Castellón de la Plana > Civia/477
    Renfe MD
    Valencia – Barcelona > 440/470/490/499
    Valencia – Tortosa > 470
    Valencia – Zaragoza > 599
    Renfe Long Distance/High-Speed
    Barcelona – Valencia > 101 AVE/130 Euromed/255//334 Talgo
    Renfe Shunting
    > 310
    Renfe Cargo
    > 252/319

The Trains
    Running: Local, Medium, High-Speed, Cargo and Shunting Services

Cercanias Claas 447
    [​IMG]
    Cercanias Civia
    [​IMG]

Cercanias/Renfe Claas 592
    [​IMG]
    Renfe Claas 440/470
    [​IMG]
    Renfe Claas 490
    [​IMG]
    Renfe Claas 499
    [​IMG]
    Renfe Claas 599
    [​IMG]
    Renfe Claas 101 AVE/Euromed
    [​IMG]
    Renfe Claas 130 Euromed
    [​IMG]
    Renfe Claas 319
    [​IMG]
    Renfe Claas 310
    [​IMG]

For those who got interested, I've found 2 interesting videos one showing the route from 0:00:00 until 0:13:00 and another one showing the traffic at Valencia station. Enjoy.

Attached Files:

• map.png
      map.png
      File size:
      210.3 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 14
  2. alexander.s

alexander.s Active Member

I have Spanish trains only seen in Trainz. Spain is a popular tourist destination in Europe and would also interest many particularly European users. I am sure it will be nice. A route at the beautiful landscapes in Andalusia would not be bad either.

3. user763

user763 New Member

Nice route. I think it would also be popular by the american community. And spain would really be a good addition. So I'd buy it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. David Harrison

David Harrison Member

I would love to see Spain in TSW2. Beautiful scenery and landscape in the majority of areas and some interesting rolling stock.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

This this this!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

I'd love to see a Spanish route, preferebly a commuter route. I'm not a huge fan of high speed trains :P

• Like Like x 1
  7. Luke8899

A high speed route might be alright if it was an Alvia route like those between Madrid Chamartin and Santiago de Compostela or Madrid C'martin and Bilbao - Donosti/San Sebastian, as those routes involve journeys on both high speed and non high speed track. The Madrid - Santiago de Compostela route in particular takes in high speed lines, electrified and non-electrified non-HS lines as well as track gauge changes between standard and Iberian gauge, so would in that one route involve so much. But it's far too long as it stands, and I agree generally that HS lines on their own might be very boring.

8. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I'd love for them to add some Renfe stuff, just a quick question. Renfe uses the Talgo design for all the HS trains right? So that means they have passive tilting capabilities if I remember correctly, which I believe since there is no Acela for NEC is impossible in TSW.

9. Luke8899

No Renfe doesn't use Talgo pendular tech or other tilting tech for all its high speed trains.

Spain has non tilting high speed sets such as the S-100/1 generation AVE which is basically a like-for-like TGV reseau with softer external detailing, the S-103 generation which are Siemens Velaros that are basically a like-for-like of what we already have on Koln-Aachen, and the CAF Osiris (S-105 I think). Although I am not sure if any of these run on the line that is the subject of this thread, off the top of my head I don't think so.

The S-102 generation is the only full blown AVE comprised of Talgo pendular coaches adapted for high speeds, it will be joined shortly by the S-107 Talgo Avril which uses a new wider variant of coach allowing for comfortable 5-abreast seating in tourist class and will also use the passive tilt tech.

Other high speed trains that operate Avant or Alvia semi-HS services such as the Serie 130 Bombardier/Talgo and the S-104 Fiat Ferrovia also use tilting mechanisms.

EDIT: The CAF serie 120/1 trains are also non-tilting high speed trains offering Alvia semi-HS services.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  10. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Ok, I didn't know that that's pretty interesting. But then again the only sets which don't use the Talgo Pendular "tilting" design are basically a Velaro and a TGV Reseau. All your Talgo Sets can tilt... still hopefully I'm wrong on their inability to create tilting trains

11. Luke8899

Yeah if they can't create tilting trains then all of the more interesting sets are out, which would be a shame. I'm not too bothered about high speed routes in Spain because they're all relatively new, have few stops and the timetabled services are scant. But the Serie 130 talgo or a Talgo Trenhotel would be just amazing to have on a non-HS line running through the sierra.

I expect tilting trains are more difficult to model, but are they really that difficult in TSW? There are Pendolinos in train simulator so it must be possible? But then I guess the UK Pendolinos are comparatively easier because the tilt is controlled by trackside beacons so you only have to model the tilt at specific locations on the line, rather than the full pendular suspension physics you would have to do for a Talgo.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
  12. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I would like tilting trains as well, I asked for an ICE TD on the Ham-Lub but I really am pessimistic on this subject...

Why no Acela on NEC? And why do we not get any route with the Class 390 or the ICE T, both of which are quite popular on TS... There might be other reasons but still...