PC Special Trains East Coastway?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Bertil Persson, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Bertil Persson

Bertil Persson Active Member

When will the special train with old diesels come back to East Coastway? And why not add the class 101 when you’re at it? Or a class 52? Adaptable on other routes?

I now understand that my first question may have to do with layers.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. TS_trainspotter

TS_trainspotter Active Member

If you mean the service from Lewes to Brighton, it has blue Mark 1 coaches fitted with vacuum brakes, so I'll tell you the reasons why some locos can drive that train and others cannot.
    - Class 40, 45, 47/4 and 31 have vacuum breakes, so they are OK
    - Class 101 is a DMU so it cannot drive carriages with it, and a lonely 101 would be too short
    - Class 33, 47 Green, 52 and 20 have Air brakes (no vacuum!) so they are not compatible with the blue coaches.

Vice versa, Classes 40, 45, 47/4 and 20 cannot run on WSR since they have vacuum brakes but the carriages have air brakes.
    Class 31 is the jolly: it has both types of brakes so it can run both.
    You'll have to wait for it until Manchester-Leeds comes out because that unlocks the layer ;)
    Hope I have resolved your issues :)

3. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

I do not know what the reasons are. But your answer is not correct. The WSR Mk1 coaches have vacuum brakes. The NTP Mk2 coaches have air brakes. The Class 37, 40 and 45 can switch their brake type, but the control is only available in cab 2. The class 08 also has both vacuum and air brakes, but the class 09 has no brake selector.

I do not know why this service is gone from the ECW route. I think it has to do with layering issues that became apparent in the scenario planner.

Edit: the heritage drive is now present in timetable mode.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  4. TS_trainspotter

Oh, I messed up the two brake types! Classes 08 and 09 are too slow imo, classes 40 and 45 are available while the 37 in the game is not a passenger loco (I think?). The layer will unlock with NTP rolling out

5. Bertil Persson

Lewes-Eastbourne it is on TSW 2020. Yes it might have to do with layers. Maybe it comes later or they just think I can make the train myself in scenario planner.

6. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The coaches for that train are from the NTP route, which isn’t in TSW2 yet. That’s why the train is missing.

7. Bertil Persson

Well, they are there now.

8. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Since NTP was released on for TSW 2 a few weeks ago the "Vintage Railtour" has been included. It works with the 31,37,47,45 and I presume the 40 when its released. How ever the class 20 never maded it in there. Presumably as it will have to be doubleheaded.

The reason why the WSR 33,47 and 52 are not in there is beacause they are permanently set to Vacum braked and cannot have the air brakes selected. Hence why we never saw them added to the Vintage tour Collection when ECW first came out. That is alo why you can only use the current MK1 Blood & Custard or Chocalate & Cream coaches (that still show exactly the same coach number as every other coach) with the 47,33 and 52.

Hentis

9. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

That's probably because they're shunting locomotives.

10. TS_trainspotter

Yep, they only do 20 (class 08) and 25 (class 09) mph :(