Speed Is Incorrect On Xbox One

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by B0bbyLarge, Mar 20, 2018.

1. B0bbyLarge

B0bbyLarge New Member

Has anyone else notice that the speed is not correct in relation to time on the Xbox one making it impossible to be on time even if you hit full throttle straight away. It is actually impossible to stick to the timetable on passenger services.
    At 90 mph it was taking 1min07secs to travel one mile which is equivalent of less than 60mph and at 125mph it was taking 57 secs to do the mile which should obviously take less than 30 secs. Is there a known bug or setting issue.
    The time is absolutely spot on, so it is not an issue with the timing itself. Also having compared the acceleration of the train on Xboxone with one on the PC on youtube it shows that it is not running right on my particular Xbox 1.
    Has anyone else noticed this on the xbox one?
    I do not know if the same issue occurs on the xbox X.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
  2. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

It's about half what it should be
    At 120mph I should technically be doing 120 miles in 60 minutes
    So 30 miles in 15 minutes
    I'm doing about a mile a minute at the moment at 120mph so it's seemingly 60mph at 120mph on the HST...

3. B0bbyLarge

B0bbyLarge New Member

Yeah that is exactly what I am finding.
    Anyone know if this is under review. Is it a problem on the xbox X.
    It is the same on both mine and the kids Xbox one in our house.

4. 410nick

410nick Member

Someone stated in another forum that they are having no issues sticking to the time on their Xbox One X. But I know I have with my base Xbox one. I even took note at the speedometer in the cab while the A.I was in control. They can reach those top speeds in half the time with the frame rate still acting up. I hope this is something that can be fixed. One of my worst runs from Reading to Paddington in a class 166 ended up being almost 25 minutes behind schedule arriving at the last stop. While the a.i. was about 10 minutes late. It definitely can become quite annoying itself being though I'm a man who always like being on schedule.

• Like Like x 1
  5. GothicMatt

GothicMatt Active Member

The latest ive been is 15 minutes behind schedule

6. Hawk Eyye

Hawk Eyye New Member

I suspect that Dove Tail need to tie the clock to the frame rate as were loosing frames, which equals loosing distance travelled, but the clock keeps going in real time. Might be quite hard to fix as might be a fairly fundamental change. This would also explain which it's better on Xbox one X as the frame rate is better.

Just my speculation....

7. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

You can reduce the time you lose on BASE XBOX ONE AND XBOX ONE S by changing your Game DVR settings.

• Settings
    • Preferences
    • Broadcasting
    • Untick Capture Game DVR.
    Reports are that it isn't perfect, but greatly improves things. Reports are you go from 15 minutes late to 5 minutes late, while still not ideal, it's a lot better.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO DO THIS IF YOU OWN AN XBOX ONE X (unless you want too)

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  8. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

No the Xbox One X has no problems keeping to time.

9. B0bbyLarge

B0bbyLarge New Member

Ok so you have to change the settings and run it on an XboxX in order to run this on time.
    That is not at all acceptable for a "simulator" which is actually on sale.
    I think this needs to be addressed as a matter of urgency because the whole point of it is to try and keep the trains on time etc.
    It truly is a waste of money at the moment. Disappointing!

10. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

No you do not have to change anything on Xbox One X....

• Like Like x 1
  11. B0bbyLarge

B0bbyLarge New Member

It was incorrect on my brothers Xbox X as well. Closer but still out.
    Upon checking your footage actually it takes you 1min 14 secs to travel 2 miles (from 9 mile to go marker to 7 mile to go marker) at an average speed of 120mph (accelerating from 116 to 124) that is "better" but still quite a way out. From 10:31:59 to 10:33:13. Still not simulator territory really.
    Try a trial run. Bang on 60 mph for 5 mins. Maybe then try your adjustments stated above and see if that gets it more accurate. As you stated though it is an unnecessary hassle to have to change these settings.
    It does look way better on xboxX however. I do find it incomprehensible how they can release and charge for a game with so many glitches and such a massive a crucial error regarding the speed. I find it far too frustrating I'm giving up on it till they sort it out.
    Excellent idea, extremely poor execution.
    It would be nice to get an acknowledgement or response from the developers on this.

12. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

If the speed was out on the Xbox One X, would I not arrive late and progressively get later just like the Xbox One S and Xbox One? I arrive on time, within the timetable guidelines. I get your point that the speed is not accurate, however it runs to the timetable which is the aim of the railway network, to run to timetable.

I think you need to recalibrate your expectations as to what you're going to get from the console version. You have to make the game a little more console gamer friendly, by making it slightly more fun.

Have a great day.

13. B0bbyLarge

B0bbyLarge New Member

Its designed as a simulator experience not an arcade experience.
    I think most people who enjoy Simulators rightfully expect high levels of accuracy as part of their paid for experience. A "little bit out" is not good enough, a "lot out" is simply unacceptable.
    Is there anything happening at the developers here to look into this?

14. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  15. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

B0bby, is the only thing that you're upset about the timings? Everything else is pretty much the same as I've seen with the PC version.

16. B0bbyLarge

B0bbyLarge New Member

Yeah pretty much Bryer, but it plays such a fundamental part of the experience, it makes it incredibly frustrating. I could probably put up with it on the XBoxX but it is truly dreadful on the XboxOne.

17. B0bbyLarge

B0bbyLarge New Member

18. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

I fully understand your frustrations, it is their first time working with Unreal 4 on console, working with Unreal 4 on PC is completely different when trying to do the same thing on consoles (we've seen the same with PUBG and Sea of Thieves). You need to give DTG time, they are aware and actively looking into things to remedy the issue.

19. B0bbyLarge

B0bbyLarge New Member

Oh OK excellent, thanks Bryer, sounds like you have some inside information there. We look forward to the updates then.