Speeds Feel A Lot "slower"

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Horizelux, Jan 6, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Horizelux

Horizelux Well-Known Member

After LGV got added (And the bug fixes that came along with it) , the game feels slower. The FPS hasn't changed, but the speeds feel a lot slower. Earlier, 230kmh felt like 230kmh. Now it feels like 160 and the weird thing that it changes from route to route. For example, driving at 250kmh with the ICE in Koln Aachen feels a lot faster (and realistic) than doing 250kmh in LGV, or even Munchen Augsburg. (All done with the ICE)

I'm aware that the scenery and lighting can affect this, but the difference is so significant that it takes away the "thrill of highspeed". I am not sure if this is my laptop, or if the game is like this for other players. It would be great if someone could help!

UPDATE: Ok, now its back to normal. I'm not sure how and why, but I do hope it stays like that!

Last edited: Jan 7, 2021
  2. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

Is motion blur disabled? One of the recent patches fixed a problem with the motion blur setting not properly sticking, so it is possible that motion blur was disabled in your game.

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  3. Horizelux

Horizelux Well-Known Member

I always play with motion blur. I tried switching it off, but it didn't resolve the problem :(
    Thanks for the suggestion though!
    Cheers

4. Kilo_Charlie

Kilo_Charlie New Member

I think it's more like because of the position of the cab of the train itself. The TGV has a much higher cab seat than the ICE. Which could be the reason why the scenery looks/feels like flying past a lot slower.

• Like Like x 2