PlayStation Spg: Game Gets Stuck In The Loading Screen, When Switching To Rear Camera

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Suomen surkein junakuski, Sep 23, 2021.

1. Suomen surkein junakuski

Suomen surkein junakuski Well-Known Member

If you are pulling over 40 car train on the Sand Patch Grade and switch to the rear camera view using the immersion controls, the game gets stuck in the loading screen. When this happens, the picture on the loading screen doesn't change and you can still hear the game sounds. After a couple of minutes, the game crashes and you are sent into the console's main menu.
    What this means in practise, is that if you didn't remember to save the game, you have to start sometimes over an hour of drive from the beginning. Therefore this is a major bug, especially in a long route like Sand Patch Grade.
    Has anyone else experienced this on Ps5, or any orher platform? I haven't had this issue before updating to Ps5 version, so I quess it's only affecting that version.

2. Skyz2020

Skyz2020 Well-Known Member

Ps4 here. Happened to me post install of sony version 9.00 os. Solution... full reinstall of game now cams back to norm with no crashing

• Like Like x 1
  3. mattchester#9176

mattchester#9176 Well-Known Member

Thanks, I'll give this a go as it happened to me last night. So frustrating as I was in the middle of a two hour scenario on SP!

4. Suomen surkein junakuski

Suomen surkein junakuski Well-Known Member

Does the reinstalling delete all your progress on the game? Also do you need to reinstall all your DLC's? If it is so, I don't think reinstalling would be worth it. I'll just wait, and hope that Dtg can fix this.

5. Skyz2020

Skyz2020 Well-Known Member

No, yes and you might be better waiting :)

6. mattchester#9176

mattchester#9176 Well-Known Member

After that full re-install the rear camera worked correctly but as I cycled through the rest of the cameras it still froze then crashed, I think it was back at the front camera.

Looks like it's not permanent fix, or at least not for everyone.

I've logged a ticket so will see what DGT have to say.