Spirit Of Steam Feedback

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by CrAzZyKiLLa, Sep 3, 2022.

1. CrAzZyKiLLa

CrAzZyKiLLa Well-Known Member

Just a thread on things noticed in the TSW3 version of spirit of steam.

Not sure if the updates mentioned in the recent blog are implimented yet as I dont see them? I wonder if this is coming in on the 6th? if someone could confirm. Some may still be lingering issues since release.

1) No Blood & Custard coaches on the route. (Still the case in Launch Build)
    2) No rolling stock custom liveries appear on the route. (Still the case in Launch Build)
    3) No Custom/downloaded loco liveries appear on the route as AI. (Since seen some so scratch this one, although the number of them seems reduced)
    4) The cab is now to bright/overexposed.
    5) Headlamps are so dim now they cannot be seen. (Still the case in Launch Build)
    20220903152041_1.jpg
    6) Tail-lamps now appear white instead of red and often not applied to the train when it starts. (Still the case in Launch Build)
    20220903170004_1.jpg
    7) It still rains through the roof of Liverpool Lime Street (Still the case in Launch Build)
    8) The appears to now be some black ballast in Liverpool Lime Street. ?Texture problem
    20220902224024_1.jpg
    9) Most AI trains still do not have exhaust sounds (Still the case in Launch Build)
    10) Steam/Exhaust still seems to clip through the funnel, maybe the exit point needs raising alittle.
    20220903151853_1.jpg
    11) AI Trains still have red lights on the front. (Still the case in Launch Build)
    12) Issue with grass fields beeing very shiny even when it is clear skyies and dry (worst at sunrise and sunset). (Still the case in Launch Build)
    20220903151303_1.jpg
    13) Smoke effects have now lost their colour difference (See post below for comparisons) (Still the case in Launch Build)
    14) The break lever sound effect now seems excessively loud.

I have found manual firing to be alittle more of a challenge, which is nice. But not sure if that is just me or if something has been changed.

On a positive note I have found performance to be better in TSW3 with higher framerates, less stuttering and frame drops.

I will add more the more I play and find.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2022
    • Like Like x 10
  2. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

So the AI chuffs have still not been sorted?

Yet another reason to hold off TSW3 until such bugs are fixed

• Like Like x 5
  3. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

Oh god yeah, that really does make the game unplayable.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

I also noticed the smoke clipping but apart from the weather and lighting, nothing else has apparently changed with the route. Hopefully a real update will appear in the not too distant future addressing the numerous reported issues, some rather serious (physics, AI). Although DTG would not class them as game-breaking, they can certainly be considered as seriously immersion-breaking.

• Like Like x 2
  5. smugstarlord#4202

smugstarlord#4202 Well-Known Member

I know right

6. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

If silent AI trains and still no fixes after being promised are your thing then fine but it's not my thing

Last edited: Sep 4, 2022
  7. CrAzZyKiLLa

I might add I feel that the steam and smoke colour has now lost its colour accuracy and feeling to it.

As can see when comparing TSW2 vs TSW3. The smoke which was darker looking is now brighter and fuller. This is also very noticable when driving with the regulator closed.

TSW3
    20220904225900_1.jpg

TSW3
    20220904231123_1.jpg

TSW2 - Regulator closed
    20220904230847_1.jpg

TSW3 - Regulator Closed
    20220904232059_1.jpg

I hope this can be tweaked in the future to improve the effects with the new TSW3 lighting.

• Like Like x 7
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. simulator fan

simulator fan Member

Has any one else had problems with textures inside the cabs? Outside looks great but inside textures look blocky and are weird shapes! For example the large injector wheel is hexagonal!

9. CrAzZyKiLLa

I'll add to this now the final release build has happened today, The frieght formation seems fixedm which to me indicates the patch for SoS is live, but nearly all of my other feedback above still stands. Liveries and blood & custard coaches are still not visable. Rains still in Liverpool station, lighting issues and otehrs.

10. ollyweston350

ollyweston350 Active Member

I really hope that the blood and custard liveries for coaches are implemented soon. Seeing a mixed rake on the rail tour made me so happy. I was properly disappointed when they were not in TSW2 as it was something shown extensively in the promotional footage.

Has anyone else noticed that on TSW3 now that both blow offs go off now where as it used to be one? It definitely feels alot smoother, I've barely had any stuttering

• Like Like x 1
  11. blueyes#8657

blueyes#8657 Member

Another problem is that some services still end via an ai going past a red signal.

12. alexjjones6024

alexjjones6024 Well-Known Member

Firstly, I'm fully aware that there is a brand new TSW3 just released. However, this was built with the intention to be a significant change by implementing Steam Engines into the SIM. Why has no DTG representative honoured that these bugs and errors are present and actually updating us on the progress? I expect a steam engine to chug, like I expect a class 47 to rev up when the throttle is notched.

Why are we not receiving acknowledgement that this will be fixed? It was even advertised to feature mixed coaches pre purchase and this is clearly not the case. Who will listen to the feedback and action it?

13. CrAzZyKiLLa

TrainSim-Matt Sorry to bug you again Matt but we know you get things done. The patch notes today stated that in SoS the blood and custard coaches and custom liveried rolling stock would now appear on the route. However, this still does not seem to be the case alongside several other points made above. Could you have a look and see what has gone wrong here. I'm sure the patch has been applied as the broken consist seems to be in but nothing else.

14. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I put a post in this sub forum too that some of the lighting is just really really odd

15. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

Thank you for the feedback will pass this on to the team, what platform was this on?

• Like Like x 1
  16. CrAzZyKiLLa

PC - Steam

17. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

18. Loco Dave

Loco Dave Member

Now the TSW2 limit on PS5 has been fixed, I ran SOS for the first time in that game.
    Really reliable rescue, just to let rip up the track, and the solo engine positively flew up to 90. I had trouble slowing it down.
    I went back to TSW3, ran the same scenario and struggled to reach 55.
    Now, whilst TSW2 is far more responsive, is it actually realistic? Does anyone know if TSW3 is an improvement or not?
    TSW2 looked like the engine would self-destruct.
    Thanks .
    The smoke looked better in 2.

• Like Like x 1
  19. ollyweston350

ollyweston350 Active Member

Still no word on blood and custard coaches, or the boiler pressure issues that are plaguing SOS on TSW3/PS5.

20. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Or the AI SPADs that make many of the freight runs unplayable.

21. blackard#5391

blackard#5391 New Member

Today I finished journey mode, so i can give my feedback from this expansion. Novadays if steam train game, we see US trains, so it was a "must get" item for me with non US Locomotive. It's a fun and unique experience with the steam trains, without having warning or automatic brake systems, you need to use your instincts and the map for safe trips. Routes are sometimes very hard to handle, especially winter routes, but with some patience you can handle things if you observe everything around. at the end, eventually you finish all the missions with gold... Except the very last one "brake van tour". Regardless how i performing, i get only silver. This makes a little bittersweet ending for the journey mode. Honestly, i see 2 things that need to be fixed, updated. 1, the timetables/timers. Not timetable mode, the timetables itself. All of them broken. The person(s) who tested the these need to get fired from their workplace, because the only way to keep your train under time is to don't follow speed rules, but then you risk derails, and you get not enough points for gold. I know timers is not a big deal, but it's very bad/frustrating to see you behind schedule with even 20-30 minutes sometimes, no matter what you doing. 2, we need any kind of light on the locos. I literally drive a black screen without anything to see in one of the journey, and it's very dangerous to drive, not to mention it's impossible to drive if someone risking to turn off every in game help and UID. Even if gives light for some meters, anything is better than being blind in night routes. I like night driving the most, but not with "alone in the dark" style xD. Not to mention even in those games we had flashlight, but the poor locos have nothing that's had real light function to help players find out where they are on the tracks. Ignoring these two things, the expansion is worth to buy now, and gives lot of fun hours gameplay, that's recommended for everyone who are Steam train fans, or want unique experience in a train game.

• Like Like x 1