Spirit Of Steam Fireman Needs Some Serious Tweaking.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by owenroser19, Jun 13, 2022.

1. owenroser19

owenroser19 Well-Known Member

The fireman is incredibly stupid in the game right now. Does all the wrong things at all the wrong times, meaning the train is being operated incorrectly. For me, this should be high on the priority list to get fixed.

I’m no expert on steam locomotives but from what I’ve seen these are the 2 biggest problems.
    - the fireman puts way to much coal in the fire (almost non stop) which means boiler pressure increases unnecessary
    - he makes no effort to reduce the boiler pressure when it reaches the red line, which means the safety valve is always blasting whenever you’ve got the regular at 0%… In fact I think he just carry’s on shovelling coal making the situation worse.

It should also be noted that the blower does the opposite of what it’s meant to. The idea of a blower is to increase the steam going through the tubes which would increase pressure, in TSW it makes the pressure go down.

if there’s anyone here with more knowledge on steam locomotives I’d love to hear your thoughts, and please correct me if I’m wrong with anything.

• Like Like x 2
  2. The_Drunken_Engineer

The_Drunken_Engineer Well-Known Member

I'd just use the manual fireman option, then you can control how much coal gets shoveled in.

3. jakewakefield08

jakewakefield08 Member

If I'm honest my steam engine should of blown up a few times by now.

4. thomastl59374

thomastl59374 Well-Known Member

Even with manual fireman in and the firebox doors closed I've found that pressure is still maintained at the maximum.

5. Dath Vater 208

Dath Vater 208 Active Member

They plan to make better manual fireman and maybe then they'll upgrade auto fireman's AI