Spirit Of Steam

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by rich.minty, Jun 9, 2022.

1. rich.minty

rich.minty Active Member

Spirit of Steam

PS5 digital edition

Things I have noticed...

LOD doors and windows on buildings are not rectangular and is something that cannot be unseen once noticed

I'm sure cars weren't driving at the speeds they do in the 1950s in TSW2 + core update? Cars breaking rediculously fast for corners and junctions (breaks immersion) + way too many buses?

Liverpool Lime Street station - rain coming through the roof onto the platforms below

Apart from these issues a great route for which dovetail should be extremely proud of and hope to see more Steam locos in the future

Great job guys and thankyou

• Like Like x 1
  2. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The houses are really bad and as you say it can’t be unseen.

The traffic in TSW is quite bad anyway and the double decker bus is like the Spirit of Steam equivalent of the cement mixer which is comically over represented in every other route.

The transporter bridge over the Mersey would have been in constant use and always full of vehicles as well at this time in history but in the game it is empty and I haven’t seen it animate once yet.

These things all stand out to me but it doesn’t spoil the enjoyment of the route too much. If they were to fix just one of these issues it should be the houses as that is very noticeable and jarring and should be an easy fix.

3. paulc

paulc Well-Known Member

The terrace houses seem to be scrunched up with wonky windows & the roofs don't fit then pop they seem perfect when you zoom in alittle.

4. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

Thank you for the feedback, glad your enjoying the route.