Spring Summit 2023 - The Reveals!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG JD, Feb 5, 2023.

1. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

It's the best kept secret reveals you've all been waiting for! [Removed - JD - Surprise]

ANNOUNCED:

✅Amtrak's Acela (with gameplay - see video)
    ✅Northeast Corridor: New York-Trenton (with gameplay - see video)
    ✅Union Pacific Heritage Livery and Gameplay Bundle (with gameplay - see video)
    ✅Niddertalbahn: Bad Vilbel - Stockheim, developed by TSG (with gameplay - see video)
    ✅ Linke Rheinstrecke: Mainz-Koblenz (with screenshots)

upload_2023-2-5_20-57-6.jpeg
    ✅Midland Main Line: Leicester - Derby and Nottingham, developed by Skyhook Games (with tease)
    upload_2023-2-5_20-57-40.jpeg
    ✅Peak Forest: Ambergate – Chinley and Buxton (with screenshots)

upload_2023-2-5_20-58-13.jpeg

You can watch the full video here:

...and read the article here: https://live.dovetailgames.com/live...cles/article/tsw-summit-festival-of-rail-2023

• Like Like x 28
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

What would have been a genuine surprise would be anything from a different country, but i see we've even got to the point of going around the same three in rotation in the presentations now as if there is nothing else we should ever expect.

• Like Like x 9
  3. kenobi#1878

kenobi#1878 Well-Known Member

that HST looks nice I must say, Routes a bit strange though

• Like Like x 3
  4. SteveRail

SteveRail Well-Known Member

My thoughts too

• Like Like x 1
  5. kenobi#1878

Is that a 158 i see?

• Like Like x 4
  6. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Yes :)

Hentis

• Like Like x 2
  7. kenobi#1878

I hope they don't mess up the sounds.
    Else i will cry.

• Like Like x 1
  8. SteveRail

SteveRail Well-Known Member

Fingers crossed the EMR trains will layer into New Street, assuming they go there?

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

Did except a Heritage Pack for Sherman Hill to happen, which is not surprising to me one bit.
    But I am intrigued with Peak Forest Line, another steam route with exotic scenery (plus another new steam loco) is alright with me.
    And everything else, is meh to me (especially both Acela and Trenton).
    At least I'm very excited for the [Removed - JD - Surprise] (that part was to be a joke ;))

10. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Hyped for Acela and Trenton! Looking really good!

• Like Like x 3
  11. Oelix

Oelix Active Member

The BR 103 is the dream of railfans who grew up in the 70s and 80s in Germany. I got one for my model railway as a kid when my parents and grandparents pooled their money, it was the loco you just had to have. Traveling with these in front was a sign that you would be going fast, and today seeing one is an event. Can't wait for Linke Rheinstrecke, if they get that to Tharandter Rampe or Dresden-Riesa quality it'll be a treat. Hopefully the IC coaches will get a matching livery.

• Like Like x 11
  12. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

I think at this point you can't really expect a new country from DTG anytime soon, best bet is to hope the new 3rd party devs can deliver.

• Like Like x 7
  13. BeastyBill88

BeastyBill88 Well-Known Member

Please please please make the Fowler 4F layer into SoS for freight and local services! Looking forward to the releases. Any plans to upgrade the other 2 rush hour routes like you've done with Boston to Providence?

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. nate48773

nate48773 Active Member

Is there any 9F on the Peak Forest route as people have been discussing on here? I assume not as there was no mention on the stream.

15. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

Just wanted to add some of my thoughts of the summit stream, although only for content which I'm interested in:

- I think this was a really great idea overall by DTG to showcase to the community. This reminds me of the older style of roadmaps which were great as you can actually get really excited about new content again.
    - I think Northeast Corridor: New York-Trenton sounds really great. What I really love about this the most though is the use of the brand-new loco DLC - Acela - with it. What I like most about TSW is where existing routes in the same era can be developed to where it feels more like a wider network, in turn allowing use of existing locos and other content for a busier, better timetable. The best thing is being able to operate the same service over multiple routes which is fantastic and feels like an actual sim. Also, nice to see the cabcar make a return to the game too!
    - While I don't play the route, glad to see Sherman Hill get upgraded with newer lighting/skies and really hope more older routes do too - now London Commuter please!
    - Gameplay of Niddertalbahn looks nice, great scenery. Not sure how much replayability with single-track though, plus how much existing content such as locos can be used? Also, not a major fan of the 1992 era.
    - German content is my favourite in TSW, however, for me personally, the new Mainz-Koblenz was the biggest disappointment tonight, while the BR 103 looks amazing, primarily the era ruins it for me - I really wanted this to be modern and link with existing TSW routes; and no, I don't want to just use scenario planner for a modern setting. I find it highly frustrating considering Niddertalbahn is not present day modern and that the last German route - Bremen - already heavily featured n-Wagens. Are now all German routes going to not be modern?
    - Leicester - Derby and Nottingham: Finally a new UK modern route with TWO locos featured - now please just make sure the timetable is great. Also pleased to see the 158 which, as being ubiquitous across much of the UK, hope to see it in more routes, existing and new!
    - Tram Sim World - quite interesting, not entirely sure about this as not a major fan of trams.

• Like Like x 12
  16. ApollonJustice

ApollonJustice Well-Known Member

Waiting for: Niddertalbahn, Mainz-Koblenz, the Acela, New York - Trenton and Midland Mainline.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Kappi701

Kappi701 Active Member

Really looking forward to Niddertalbahn and left Rhine. Not my area but the trains and liverys are of my youth. Hope that the BR103 gets fitting coaches and can be used as a layer to on other routes

• Like Like x 3
  18. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

There is no 9f. It is the 8f. Just a typo or said it incorrectly

19. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

I am very happy with the new game content. For PS5 users, DLC manager is now a necessity.

• Like Like x 11
  20. rennekton#1349

From what I've read, the 4f doesn't really run on sos, but idk.

In terms of upgrading other routes, I would assume it will be released along with a paid dlc to fund the process. Upgrade being free of course. But the boston sprinter upgrade is being released with the acela and the sherman hill upgrade with the enhancement pack. See the trend

• Like Like x 1
  21. rennekton#1349

Dtg have mostly only done us, uk and german content. People still want route and loco dlcs from those routes. Since dtg can't do every single country and don't have expertise in every single country, other countries will be third party jobs

• Like Like x 1
  22. malikrthr

malikrthr Well-Known Member

I am so excited the Acela is arriving along with an upgrade to the Boston Sprinter route. It looks really good.

I look forward to the NEC from NY-Penn Station to Trenton. The NJT ALP-46 and NJT MLV II look and sound awesome from the preview. Alot of great progress being made with TSW3. I am also excited to see the Amtrak Metroliner can can car make a return. It appears it has been remodeled which is also very good. With signaling being reworked on the Boston Sprinter route, I have a feeling we'll have accurate signaling with the NEC route

23. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

Makes sense on train sim classic.

24. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

With all this new US content coming in the next three weeks, I'm checking my Steam wallet balance. I figure about $80-90 bucks for all three dlc's.

( Might have to sneak in a Steam card between the broccoli and the cornflakes during the weekend shopping. Wouldn't be the first time! :D )

25. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

February is going to be spicy, for sure! Lots of US content, and I have a feeling the Niddertalbahn isn’t too far away either since TSG recently spoke about planning on finishing the BR 420 in March, which could obviously only happen after the route is released.

• Like Like x 1
  26. ehz0689

ehz0689 Well-Known Member

Idk if I missed this but the AC64 for the NE Regional will be playable and have layers for NYC-Trenton right?

27. rennekton#1349

Ideally, but could take longer since he also has 2nd party content to assist with and just life in general

28. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

I believe the route will come with that stock as default, and won't layer in. The only confirmed layer so far is the Acela, there is also no word on freight substitution or LIRR on the line either.

29. BeastyBill88

BeastyBill88 Well-Known Member

Ah ok thank makes sense, would still be nice to see the 4F on SoS though. The other routes I wouldn't mind if it went that way like London to Brighton they could enhance it and add say the Class 700? (might be wrong) but that runs on the mainline. Not sure about The German route though, no idea what new trains would be appropriate for it.

30. ixofxiii

ixofxiii Well-Known Member

Its TramSim. Specifically TramSim Vienna and TramSim Munich (I have both). They are existing sims on PC and was announced coming to console. Its made by ViewApp and published on PC by Areosoft. From today's announcement, it sounds like DTG is going to publish the console releases. i would like to know more details on this.

• Like Like x 3
  31. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

My goodness, this route could be so, so very busy, the opportunities for layers and subs is extensive.

I just hope it's not an anticlimax.

• Like Like x 2
  32. mortal1234

mortal1234 Well-Known Member

Wasn’t really too bothered about the Acela but after seeing and hearing it from the footage they showed I’m really looking forward to it. The interior also looks amazing. The Niddertalbahn looks VERY beautiful. Definitely the one I’m most looking forward to. So cool. Honestly can’t wait for what’s coming. Hurry up Add ons manager :D

33. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

I am completely astounded. BRO’s Br 110 + KaKo were already a dream come true for me. Here I was, thinking Niddertalbahn would be the most interesting German content in the summit and then DTG blow me away by giving us the legendary Rheinstrecke with the legendary Br 103 in her iconic livery and a Produktfarben-era Br 110+n-Wagen+KaKo consist. I absolutely could not contain my excitement :D

Let us have our fun for once, too :) Literally every bit of German content so far has been modern (2000+) and the upcoming releases are the first time we’re ever getting proper vintage German content for TSW. I’m just having a bit of fun here, don’t take anything I say personally :D

• Like Like x 7
  34. steveownzzz#6107

steveownzzz#6107 Well-Known Member

To be fair I don’t think NJT and Acela run out of Moynihan train hall anyway so would an LIRR layer be realistic?
    NJT still runs out of the ugly part of Penn at the moment.

35. ixofxiii

im curious about the Acela runs on the NYP-Tre NEC. IIRC, Acela rarely stops at Trenton. how will Acela runs start and end at Trenton?

36. ixofxiii

downstairs, its the same station. both 'buildings' lead to the same platforms. ticket and waiting areas for LIRR and Amtrak was moved to Moynihan. NJT is still in the old mezz. So yes, having LIRR layers will be realistic. you can go to any track basically from either entrance. I go thru there all the time

• Like Like x 1
  37. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

A steam 060 now will have a steam shunter great.BUT...

As wonderful as all this future content is the real question is and i hate to beat a dead donkey but just how many issues will come with all these amazing dlc's.I hope adam's team ready for long hours of providing fixes cause this won't be fun for anyone.

• Like Like x 2
  38. NateDogg7a

NateDogg7a Well-Known Member

My guess: since Acela is a layer, they can probably get away with making a lot of those services AI, or only driveable to whatever is their last stop in NJ, even if that is just Newark Penn. The ones that don't stop at all in NJ will most likely be AI-only.

39. ixofxiii

IIRC, every train stops at Newark Penn. They discontinued the Non-Stops. metropark sees like one train a day. The 150 MPH section is south of there. South of New Brunswick to be exact. Unless they tweak the schedule to have every acela stop at trenton, its no point driving Acela from NYP to Newark Penn. Top speed in that small section is 90 for a few miles. And its a 15-20 min trip.

40. NateDogg7a

NateDogg7a Well-Known Member

That is a good point. In that case I would hope that they do add in some faux Trenton stops. Otherwise, it could seem like a missed opportunity.

41. kobo

kobo Active Member

I am very excited to see NJT finally make an appearance in TSW. I have some questions however regarding the route, and I am hopeful some answers can be given.

1. Is morrisville Yard going to be included with the route? Given NJT trains originate there, I hope it is.
    2. Sunnyside yard too? same reason, during off peak hours, NJT trains are stored there.
    3. I am hopeful this will create expansion options for the NJCL and RVL, instead of rebuilding the same section over and over again. I personally had hoped when/if this happened, that DTG would offer an option for this to be an expansion for the LIRR so they wouldn't have to rebuild NYP for the billionth time. I would personally get sick of having to rebuild the same section multiple times, and would instead look at an expansion.
    This is a bit more nitpicky, but i couldn't help but notice some details missing or incorrect on the Multi Level cars. Specifically the interior. The car number is missing from a spot it's supposed to be present, and the interior signage is wrong. I don't expect them to be able to fix that before release, given the commitment to a February release.

4. Will we have station announcements on this route? I hope so.

That's everything I can think of for now. I don't think I'll be expecting a quick answer, but I hope some clarity on these points will be given before release. Regardless of the answers, this is a rare time, when I'm buying the route day 1. Can't wait.

42. rennekton#1349

It's too soon for station announcements. Dtg still have to learn how rivet implemented them and edn only released recently. Dtg would also need someone to record every unique station announcement which isn't possible to do since the route itself is coming out this month.

43. steveownzzz#6107

steveownzzz#6107 Well-Known Member

Helpful explanation, thanks

44. nepclassof84

nepclassof84 Well-Known Member

You don’t ever see lirr if you ride Amtrak or njt out of ny Penn to Trenton. They are opposite directions. They share platforms but they aren’t close to one another. It’s a big station. You do see metro north from time to time though

• Like Like x 1
  45. malikrthr

malikrthr Well-Known Member

If LIRR is featured, I am guessing it would probably be AI trains or short non revenue services between West Side Yard to Sunnyside loop track for the mid day storage yard in LIC. Trackage may probably go as far east as Harold Interlocking I assume. Metro North services that seen are on the lower level of Secaucus that serve the Bergen/Main/Pascack Valley Lines

• Like Like x 3
  46. uvm0902

uvm0902 Well-Known Member

I'm just happy with future releases and the amount of new DLC. I will buy it all without exception!

• Like Like x 1
  47. smugstarlord#4202

smugstarlord#4202 Well-Known Member

Midlands is an "interesting route". Small milage for a 43 reskin. Peak forest looks decent. German stuff isn't my thing and the US stuff is just meh. I liked how they revealed it all though, it was good fun to watch

48. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Just to clarify then, Tramsim is not an all new DTG product but an "agency" style adaptation of the existing PC product for consoles, similar to how FSX was taken over from MS, for a while? However, could this lead to DTG collaborating with the original developers to produce more tram content, maybe something from the UK? (Heritage Blackpool, Heritage Blackpool... ).

• Like Like x 1
  49. pascal.weick

pascal.weick Member

Same here. My Wallet will hate me

• Like Like x 4
  50. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

I know the feeling! Which is why we could do with some projected release dates so I can start adding credit to my Steam wallet. Assuming all the new routes will be at the revised £30 price tag, that's £150 over the next few months!