Squeaky Wipers Class 377

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by bobbsi1, Dec 7, 2021.

1. bobbsi1

bobbsi1 Member

Maybe I'm a bit too picky about the sound the wiper makes at the setting "Slow" and "Fast", but this squeaking noise really annoys me.

If it pours, you need these settings obviously, else you really can't see anything...

Am I maybe too sensitive and this sound triggers me?

• Like Like x 2
  2. dosto762

dosto762 Well-Known Member

The squeaking sound can be annoying but it's realistic, the squeaking is much more intense in real life (especially on older trains) I once got inside a BR 218 cab while the wipers are on and it was VERY loud and annoying. The passengers really need to be more thankful for what the driver goes through every day to deliver them to their destination

• Like Like x 4
  3. borg#1850

borg#1850 Well-Known Member

I do think there should be a balance between being really realistic and just plain annoying. In real life it is slightly different as your mindset is different and there are other noises, Sitting at home on your sofa, you really do not need Loud Squeaking noises, even if they are accurate!

• Like Like x 5
  4. bobbsi1

bobbsi1 Member

I really much appreciate what real train drivers have to live with, I can have that sound in my car too.
    But there is a fine line between realism and fun, and this sound is frankly no fun for me, just my honest opinion.
    If in journey mode I have to drive in the rain, the game is muted at the moment.

• Like Like x 1
  5. borg#1850

Me To

• Like Like x 1
  6. kekanha#4892

kekanha#4892 Active Member

[QUOTE = "borg # 1850, publicación: 421815, miembro: 24863"] Yo para [/ QUOTE]
    You're at home, turn down the sound of the TV. you have it very easy, in reality you can't. is realistic and you complain? Maybe a "lego" simulator isn't so annoying.

7. bobbsi1

bobbsi1 Member

Glad I am able to comprehend things and not just write stuff nobody asked for...

• Like Like x 1
  8. borg#1850

Now "Why" didn't "I" think of that! Please note sarcasm. We are talking about an individual sound, not turning off "All" sound!

As it goes the Lego train simulator is very good and has no bugs, that I have found so far.

Please note I am in my mid's 60's in age and not some kid with no brain.

• Like Like x 5
  9. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

I agree that I wish that some wipers were toned down a bit. Driving the CTC-3 on Boston Sprinter is an absolute nightmare in the rain or snow, because the wiper is literally nails on a chalkboard.

• Like Like x 3
  10. barryr21

barryr21 Active Member

Couldn't agree more, while realism is appreciated and obviously encouraged some of the wiper noises are very off putting!!

11. jmhdc812

jmhdc812 Active Member

Personally, I like it!! I'm all for more squeaky, springy and other ambiance enhancing noises in the cab. Realism in all its' glory. :D

• Like Like x 1
  12. guardupfront

guardupfront Active Member

It’s absolutely realistic. It’s incredibly annoying and I sometimes turn the wipers off just to get some peace haha!

TSW is all about realism until it becomes unenjoyable.

Driving with wipers is absolutely unenjoyable, but TSW doesn’t need to replicate this exactly in order to deliver the correct experience IMO.

• Like Like x 2
  13. diamondderp

diamondderp Guest

I prefer proper animations than proper sounds.
    Rivets' 1938 stock and Class 150 has some nice wiper animations, it's not the best, but better than going from 10 to -10 in a split of a second.

14. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I do like the realistic and annoying sounds. It adds to the immersion IMO.