PlayStation Standing Room Only.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by RealKenny_D, Feb 4, 2021.

1. RealKenny_D

RealKenny_D Member

St Pancras looks decent exploring on foot. Noticed lots of empty platform seats but unable to wedge myself in one.

Thinking, it would be good to sit and wait for a train, look around while seated, take in 'les ambiance', dream of a holiday in Barbados.

And if I can press triangle to sit on board, it should be a quick fix to sit on platform, non?

And if 'les passenge' can sit on board, can they be made to sit on platform and make things look more realistic?

Looking forward to exploring this route in full.

2. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

There's been various requests for sitting on platform benches over the years, always met with "just crouch in front of/next to the bench you'll get the same effect" in the same way as asking about night services, are met with "drive one of the evening services in winter it's the same thing". For me, it'd be a nice novelty to sit on benches at stations.

The platform robo- sorry, I mean Passengers do sit on platform benches (I've seen it happen) but I think they prefer to stand.

3. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

At some point in future hopefully passenger behavior will be revamped, it's something DTG seem to want to do but obviously if it's a big project it'll be in a queue behind other big projects like finding a way to introduce steam into TSW, so it could be a while. In the meantime I like this suggestion, it's simple enough in theory and would make the stations more realistic, I hope DTG find a way to consult us for passenger behaviors when the time comes, I'm sure everyone has ideas that would help. But bear in mind, even top spec games struggle to create believable NPC behaviors, don't get me started on Cyberpunk 2077, I think even the passengers in TSW2 that just continually try to walk into the side of the train are more intelligent than any NPC in Night City.

• Like Like x 1