Staten Island Railway

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ZeenozPlays, Nov 10, 2020.

1. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

General Information

The Staten Island Railway is a Rapid Transit line operated by the MTA in the NYC borough of Staten Island. It is similar to the NYC Subway but is considered a Railroad. The SIR runs between St. George in the Northern End of the Island to Tottenville in the Southern End of the Island. SIR operates 24/7. The line runs on a mix of Underground and Overground tracks, with most of the line being overground. The line has two types of services, all local, and express. The whole line is 14 miles long with 21 Stations.

Here is a map of the line
    [​IMG]

Rolling Stock

The SIR uses one type of Rolling Stock, the R44. This version of the R44 is different than the old subway ones as it has Cab Signalling.

[​IMG]

The route runs along the Eastern shore of the Island.

This is a short and simple line that can "easily" be added into TSW. These trains are unique and the line would be a fun one to drive.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
  2. jeremydunn8

jeremydunn8 Well-Known Member

I’m always gonna agree to an American metro line, so good proposal! Is any of this line elevated? I feel like it would be but I’m not sure.

• Like Like x 1
  3. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

Yes it's overground

4. ZeenozPlays

It's not really elevated, it's at grade with a few overpasses when going over roads.

5. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I think this would be cool but I would want a subway line first before the sir

• Like Like x 1
  6. ZeenozPlays

We over here consider it a part of the Subway System. You should too. It's only the top officials and (Railroad association people) that call it a Railroad. And besides, I've already suggested a ton of Subway Routes/Lines. It's time for a Commuter Railroad/Line

7. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I think the sir would be cool like I said before

• Like Like x 2
  8. jeremydunn8

jeremydunn8 Well-Known Member

I would consider this a subway line, it uses the same stock as the NYC subway for heaven’s sake. It’s sort of like the Isle of Wight, being technically a railroad but using the subway stock and considered a heavy rail line by most people.

9. ZeenozPlays

As I mentioned before, the R44’s on the SIR are different than the old R44’s on the NYC Subway (granted, they are minor).

As for the Subway aspect, I had to use the technical term (Railroad) for it or the foamers would come at me in full force.

• Like Like x 1