Staten Island Railway

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ncsfarkas, Nov 30, 2020.

1. ncsfarkas

ncsfarkas New Member

SIR operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week, providing service between St. George and Tottenville. The railway is served by R44 trains, built by the St. Louis Car Company from 1971 to 1973.
    They will be replaced in the early 2020s with Bombardier R211S subway cars.
    The only line on the island, there is no direct rail link between the SIR and the New York City Subway system, but SIR riders do receive a free transfer to New York City Transit bus and subway lines, and the line is included on official New York City Subway maps. Commuters on the railway typically use the Staten Island Ferry to reach Manhattan; the line is accessible from within the Ferry Terminal, and most of its trains connect with the ferry.
    SIR_448_at_Great_Kills_Station.jpg
    The local trains run as all stop between St. George and Tottenville.
    The rush hour locals run as all stop between St. George and Great Kills / Tottenville.
    The rush hour expresses run as non stop between St. George and Great Kills, and there becames all stop service to Tottenville.

The line pack incloudes:
    The Staten Island Railroad Between St. George and Tottenville, and Clifton Yard.
    Single unit SIR R44 EMUs as cab equipped leading cars, and cabless middle cars.
    SIR Bl20G diesel locomotives for non-revenue service.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  2. steammaster4449

steammaster4449 Well-Known Member

I like it. This suggestion's got my approval, whatever that may be worth.

• Like Like x 1
  3. NEC Railfan

NEC Railfan Well-Known Member

Oh I'd love this, but I think it'd suffer from the fact the route is short and you can only do one thing, people like variety, which is probably why we'll never see a NYC subway route.

• Like Like x 1